How to remove pimples permanently? A very common question no one knows the precise answer to. Popping up of a pimple on an important day or event is really very frustrating, it not only makes us look a bit unattractive but, it also affects your self-confidence.
Pimples are one of many such skin problems that just ruin our face and we end up looking really dull and unattractive. No doubt, that it’s really hard to get rid of pimples when desired.
This problem usually happens when we enter puberty and then, it doesn’t give up easily. Pimples are like a scar on our faces and we use different remedies to get out of it but most of us never succeed.
But no worries because today I’m going to share with you the 10 best remedies on how to remove pimples permanently from your face.
Firstly, let us dig into what causes pimples on our faces and how to remove pimples.
What causes pimples?
All of us have tiny pores on our faces that get clogged with oil and dirt. As our pores get clogged with dirt, bacteria, and excess production of sebum oil in the pores leads to infection.
The infection leads to swollen pores and red lesions filled with pus. And this is what we call pimples. The real question is “How to remove pimples?” well, let us find out!
How to remove pimples?
So, how can we get rid of these stubborn pimples? All we need to focus on is finding out the best remedies for it ourselves.
Firstly, I would like to tell you how these 10 remedies are going to have an optimal effect on your pimples?
- Cleansing of pores deeply by removing the oil, dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria.
- These remedies will kill pimple-causing bacteria.
- Reduce infection, red lesions, and swelling of pores.
- Limit the sebum oil production on your face.
- These remedies will give a moisturizing effect on your skin and make your skin oil-free.
These optimal effects play a major role in how to remove pimples, and we will find out the various home remedies to get rid of them.
11 Home remedies for removing pimples
When it comes to questioning how to remove pimples permanently, there are tons of home remedies for it, but are they all effective enough? Not every remedy is going to be effective. Therefore, I have filtered the best home remedies for you and listed them down here.
These remedies are much more effective for them who have an oily face and are suffering from cystic acne(the most common acne)
so let us begin on “how to remove pimples using the following 10 remedies”:
1. The Green Tea remedy
Green tea with its antioxidant nature is one of the efficient answers for how to remove pimples. It is also anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial in nature which is why it reduces the inflammation caused by pimples and kills all the pimple-causing bacteria effectively. This tea remedy is a very good answer to your question on how to remove pimples.
Green tea is also known to attack free radicals which cause pimples. Also protect your skin from premature aging, UV damage, redness, and irritation
- Green tea bags
- Take a green tea bag and let it steep for 3-5 minutes in Hot water.
- After this remove the teabag and let it cool down completely.
- Now cut the tea bag and take out the leaves into a bowl.
- Add 1tsp of honey and 1tsp of milk to it.
- Consider washing your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for 30 mins.
- Now rinse your face and pat dry.
- You can try this remedy 3 times a week for best results.
2. Lemon juice Remedy
I consider lemon juice very effective on pimples because I have personally used it whenever I wanted instant relief from pimples. The citric acid in the lemon juice removes all the excess sebum oil and makes the skin clean and dry. Another well-developed solution on how to remove pimples.
The citric acid in lemon juice is also a great antiseptic which is why it kills all the pimple-causing germs and it also unclogs the pores and removes pimples effectively. This remedy is a simple one and isn’t that time consuming when compared to other remedies.
- Lemon Juice
- Cotton ball
- Mild cleanser
- Take some Lemon juice in a bowl
- Soak a cotton ball into it.
- Now apply lemon juice to the pimple affected area with the help of the cotton ball
- Leave it for at least 5 mins on your skin
- Now wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry.
- You can try this remedy once a day
3. Aloe vera
Aloe vera always comes to the discussion whenever we talk about how to remove pimples and acne. This is because it is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial in nature.
The anti-inflammatory property of aloe vera reduces the inflammation and the antibacterial property kills the pimple-causing bacteria.
The Aloe vera acts as a natural cleanser and spot-treats your pimple breakout areas. Aloe Vera also moisturizes the skin and is really effective on cystic acne.
- Aloe vera gel
- Mild cleanser
- Lukewarm water
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser
- Now apply Aloe-vera gel directly to your affected area, targeting the damaged skin.
- Leave it for an hour or so.
- Now rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- You can practice this remedy 3 times a day.
4. Exfoliate with salt and coconut oil
Exfoliating deep cleanses your skin and removes all the dirt and oil from your skin pores.
Exfoliating helps in removing the dead skin cells from your skin and has a significant impact on your question of how to remove pimples.
This is because the pimple-causing bacteria thrive on dead skin cells and the excess oil present on your face. So, deep cleaning your face will definitely remove all the dirt, bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells and make your face pimple free.
- coconut oil
- Mild cleanser
How to apply it
- Take a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to it.
- Now, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to it and mix it thoroughly
- Apply the mixture to your complete face
- Now gently rub in a circular motion in the pimple affected areas for at least 3-4 minutes to completely exfoliate your skin.
- You can now wash your face with a mild cleanser
- You can try this remedy 3 times a week.
5. Multani Mitti Face pack
Multani mitti (also known as Fuller’s Earth) is a great and traditional beauty product that has so many benefits for our skin. It is also used in most cosmetics just because it does wonders for our skin.
Now, let me tell you how Multani mitti helps you on how to remove pimples. Multani mitti contains magnesium chloride which can fight pimples and remove them permanently from your face. Multani mitti also cleanses your face deeply and also unclog your pimple-causing pores with just a single-use.
- Multani Mitti
- Turmeric powder
- Mild cleanser
How to apply it
- Take 1 Tsp of Multani Mitti in a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it
- Now add 1 tsp of turmeric powder to it.
- Mix the added ingredients thoroughly and make a smooth paste out of it.
- Now apply the mixture to your complete face in the form of a face pack
- You can try this remedy 2-3 times a week.
6. Benzoyl peroxide gel
Benzoyl peroxide is known to destroy the pimple-causing bacteria in your pores. Therefore it can be effectively used to remove pimples. It is a great exfoliating agent which is known to increase the turnover of the skin and removes the mixture of sebum and dead skin cells from the pores.
Thus I would consider using Benzoyl peroxide gel daily to remove pimples.
- Benzoyl peroxide soap or a mild cleanser
- Benzoyl peroxide gel
- Firstly I would like to advise you to wash your face with benzoyl peroxide soap(if you have one) or else you also go for a mild cleanser
- Now pat dry your face
- Now apply benzoyl peroxide gel to your face, targeting the pimples and damaged skin.
- After applying, leave it overnight and wash your face as soon as you get up in the morning.
- This remedy can only be practiced once in a day that too in the night time before going to bed.
7. Honey and Cinnamon mask
The mixture of honey and cinnamon works as a blessing to your skin. The Cinnamon’s antimicrobial nature kills the bacteria that contribute to inflamed pores and the honey reduces the redness and moisturizes the skin at the same time. This also plays a very vital role in how to remove pimples as it causes inflammation to it.
- Mild cleanser
- Take 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon powder in a bowl
- Add around 2-3 teaspoons of honey to it
- Now mix it thoroughly and apply it to your face in the form of a mask
- Leave it for at least 30 mins
- Now rinse off your face with lukewarm and pat dry
8. Ice Pack Remedy
It is a kind of a cold compressed method that eases the pain and also helps in reducing the swelling. The ice pack method is considered to be really effective and fast as it answers the question of how to remove pimples by reducing the redness, pain, and inflammation of the pimples which lessens the appearance of pimples.
Ultimately, the ice pack reduces the size of the pimple and drops the temperature of your skin and we know that the bacteria cannot sustain in lower temperatures.
Therefore, you can use Ice packs for the instant removal of pimples. I would not consider the ice pack method as a permanent pimple removal method but I would consider it as a good instant relief method for pimples.
- Ice cubes
- paper towel
- In this method, you need to cold compress the swelling caused in the pore.
- So, take an Ice cube and wrap it in a paper towel.
- Now apply it to your affected area, targeting the pimples for 5 mins
- Repeat this for 3 times with regular intervals of 2-3 mins
- You can try this remedy whenever you need instant relief from pain, redness, and swelling caused by pimples.
9. Consuming a zinc supplement
Using a zinc supplement will definitely result in the permanent removal of pimples from your face.
Zinc is a mineral that can potentially fight pimple-causing bacteria and reduce pimples. I would say zinc supplement is worth considering when it comes to mild pimples as it is not much effective on vigorous pimples.
Directions to use to answer the question “how to remove pimples?”
Start consuming 15 mg of zinc supplement daily for a period of 3 months.
Turmeric contains natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties named “Curcumin”. It helps our skin by soothing, detoxifying, exfoliating, and many more. Also, turmeric is really a great natural heal to existing acne because of its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. Turmeric face masks & also face wash helps to reduce acne outbreaks and scars. The anti-inflammatory qualities can heal pores & calm our skins. Turmeric with honey face masks is the most helpful source of reducing pimples.
It also revives our skins by bringing out its natural glow. Curcumin of turmeric can lighten pigmentation which prevents dry skin & also makes skin hydrated. Turmeric reduces the skin aging process & wrinkles, improves skin elasticity.
There are so many extraordinary benefits of drinking turmeric milk. It’s also called Golden Milk, a traditional Indian ayurvedic drink with immune-boosting properties. Mostly it is beneficial for glowing & healing skin.
11. Apple cider Vinegar
Apple Cider vinegar has Organic acids that can easily kill pimple-causing bacteria and also help in reducing the appearance of the pimple scars. It has been successfully utilized for ages, to treat many skin related problems, and even the scientific question which we have brought up many times throughout this article that is “how to remove pimples?”.
Therefore, I would advise you to try out this traditional remedy in case you couldn’t practice any of the above given 9 remedies on how to remove pimples.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lukewarm water
- Cotton ball
- Mild cleanser
How to remove pimples by applying it:
- Firstly take 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of filtered water to it.
- Now soak a cotton ball into it and directly apply it to the affected area, targeting the pimples.
- Leave it as it is for at least 10 mins
- Now rinse your face with lukewarm water
- Repeat this twice a day for best results.
This concludes the topic of how to remove pimples.
Also Read: Pimple vs cold sore