It has been observed that no significant preparation has to be done before an MRI examination. So we can say that
there is little preparation before an MRI exam. The doctor advised taking daily medications as usually a person takes unless instructed otherwise. There are few dietary restrictions for a Magnetic Resonance Imaging ( MRI) Scan. For those exams, the patient gets before notification and information. In some cases, the patient may be asked not to eat or drink anything for up to 4 hours before the scan, and sometimes be asked to drink a relatively large amount of water before the scan.
Safety Tips Before The Procedure:
There is a powerful magnetic field used during the Magnetic Resonance Imaging ( MRI) Scan, and certain conditions may prevent from having an MR procedure accurately and adequately. When scheduling an appointment at a cheap MRI scan before the exam, the staff brief the patient about the process and takes proper information regarding the health issues. The radiology staff at competitive MRI scan centre let the patient know whether an MRI exam can be conducted or whether the review needs to be modified for a particular condition or not.
- Talk to your doctor about claustrophobia before the report to see if he or she may be able to prescribe you a sedative for the procedure. Contemplate asking a friend or family member to join you. If you’re going to be sedated due to claustrophobia.
- Tell doctors about any metal to install you have. Remove any items that may contain metal. Before your MRI exam, it is necessary to remove the following questions as they may contain metal:
- All jewellery
- Hairpins/Barrettes containing metal
- Hearing aids
- Underwire bras
- Skin tattoos
- Neurostimulators (TENS-unit)
- Implanted drug infusion device (i.e., insulin pump)
- Exposure of metal fragments to your eye
- Artificial heart valves
- Aneurysm clips
- Cochlear implants
- Metallic implants and prosthesis
- Vascular stent or stent-graft
- History as a metal worker
- Shrapnel or bullet wounds
- Some cosmetics contain metals that can interact with MRI magnets, so on the day of the MRI, if possible, avoids cosmetics and makeup.
- Please refrain from wearing any powder, perfumes, deodorant, and lotions on your underarms before the procedure.
- Alert your doctor of any health issues. Individual health concerns should be taken into consideration before an MRI. Talk to the doctor about safety if the patient has any of the following conditions:
- Please leave your valuables at home, including jewellery, to prevent it from being lost or stolen, for they have to be removed before entering the scan room.
The MRI machine makes a lot of clamours while the procedure is taking place. Many patients bring earplugs and listen to music or books on tape during the process.
Much cheap Magnetic Resonance Imaging ( MRI) Scan centres offer headphones and will play your choice of music during the procedure. They also provide clean and secure changing rooms and lockers to keep your things securely. The staff at the cheap MRI scan centre are accommodating, cooperative, highly skilled, and trained professionals giving services to the patients who visit there for the procedure.
These are some of the safety tips that the patients should follow whenever they have a scheduled appointment for the procedure. These safety tips will help the patient as well as the radiologist who will be doing the process.