Is my body shape an hourglass, a triangle, or perhaps a rectangle? If you’re troubled by this dilemma, we have a solution for you: a reliable body type calculator that gives you a simple answer in just a few seconds. Rather than scrutinizing your image in the mirror and guessing which form it most closely resembles, we provide you with a quick and accurate technique to identify your body type.
Furthermore, to identify your body type, our body type calculator requires four measurements. The body fat calculator will accept the measurements you took.
- With a delicate measuring tape, measure the fullest part of your bust. By breathing in and out, make sure the tape is not too tight.
- The narrowest area of your body is your waist. However, the measuring tape you wear around your waist should sit snugly against your skin but not “dig” into it. Also, resist the urge to tuck your stomach in.
- Hips: The broadest point below your waist is where your hips are measured. To achieve the most accurate measurement, remove your garments and keep your feet together.
- This is another hip measurement; however, it is got in a different location than the last one. It’s taken at the top of the hip curve, not from the widest part! We must localize the top swell of the hip over the pelvic bone.
It makes no difference which units you use to measure; our body type calculator works with both imperial and metric units.
What Body Type Am I?
Our body type calculator will assign one of the seven most common body types to you. Naturally, not every woman who fits into one of these categories is the same.
- The hourglass body form is harmonic and balanced. However, the waist clearly defined, and the bust and hips are proportionate and well-balanced.
- The top hourglass has a finely defined waist and is identical to the standard hourglass. Your breast appears to be significantly larger than your hips.
- This body shape has a well-defined waist, just like the upper hourglass. The breast of your body is smaller than the hips of your body.
- Your hips are substantially larger than your breast if you’re a spoon. You have a well-defined waist and shelf-like hips.
- Triangles have a narrow upper torso and broad hips (typically wider than the shoulders).
- Inverted triangles have a modest waist and a proportionally wider upper body than straight triangles. Your bust, shoulders, and hips are all pretty big.
- Rectangle: This is a “boyish” body type, in which your hips, waist, and breast are all roughly the same size. However, your physique is athletic and well-proportioned.
Now that you’ve figured out what body type you are, you may put your newfound knowledge to good use. Making educated decisions when dressing or buying for clothes will undoubtedly make you feel more confident and attractive!
The Waist-To-Hip Ratio
The waist-hip ratio (WHR) is the measurement of the difference between the circumferences of the waist and the hips. By dividing the waist measurement by the hip measurement, the value is determined. A waist-hip ratio of 34/40, or 0.85, would be achieved by someone with a 34″ waist and 40″ hip. However, People with more weight around their waists, or “apple-shaped” bodies, have a higher risk of heart disease than those with more weight around their hips, or “pear-shaped” bodies, according to research.
WHR is also used to determine whether a person is obese. The World Health Organization (WHO) as males with a WHR greater than 0.90 and females with a WHR greater than 0.85 defined obesity. This is a body mass index (BMI) of greater than 30. Obesity can be a sign of a variety of major health problems, including hypertension, coronary heart disease, diabetes, some malignancies, and more. WHR has been proven to be a better predictor of cardiovascular disease than both waist circumference and BMI in those over 75; we have also found WHR to be a better predictor of mortality than both measurements.
Furthermore, we also linked WHR to fertility, with males and females having differing ideal values. Moreover, Females with WHRs greater than 0.80 had decreased pregnancy rates than those with WHRs between 0.70 and 0.79. Men with WHRs of 0.9 or higher are more fertile, healthier, and have a lower risk of prostate and testicular cancer, according to research.
We have researched WHR in relation to cognitive ability, as a measure of female attractiveness, and even food composition in a diet, besides the accompanying health hazards.
We primarily designed the Body Type Calculator for women to determine their “body form,” which can then provide wardrobe suggestions? Even while some research has linked particular body shapes to certain health concerns, we do not mean the body shape result of this calculator to be taken seriously as a health indicator. Instead, the waist-hip ratio, which appears in the calculator’s results, is a more accurate predictor of health.
Ectomorph, endomorph, and mesomorph are three different body types. You’re definitely an ectomorph if you’re slim and long, have a hard time gaining muscular mass, and have ever referred to as beanpole. However, you’re probably an endomorph if you’re a little heavier than average and have trouble losing body fat. You may be a mesomorph if you have a simple time gaining muscle and a high metabolism. Please keep in mind that you are unlikely to be purely one of these body types, as they all exist on a scale. Consider it as a triangular shape.
The rectangle is the most frequent body form, accounting for 46% of all females. We describe a lady with a waist less than nine inches smaller than her hips or bust as a rectangle. Then there are the spoons,’ who have hips that are two or more inches bigger than their busts. Approximately 20% of the female population made up of these women. However, the inverted triangle is the third most populous group, accounting for roughly 14% of the total. Women with busts that are three inches or larger than their hips are considered plus-size. Finally, there are the hourglasses, which have a thinner waist and hips that are about equal in size. Approximately 8% of the population comprises these women.