Love can be such a wonderful feeling that can give you immense happiness and joy. Love for some people can be the source of maintaining positivity and smiles. On the other hand, love may prove to be that element that induces negativity and sadness. If so, then it may be time to question yourself – Is this Toxic love?
Not all love and relationships are healthy, and you may unknowingly be in toxic love which will be inflicting negative health impacts as well. A toxic relationship may be the reason for you to be feeling low, insecure, and facing health problems. So, it is better that you identify what kind of love are you in. Is it Toxic love?
Signs of Toxic Love
As mentioned, not all love can be a fantasy dream. There does exist the toxic love that can be a danger for you. This toxic relationship, however, can be identified if you pay attention to some signs. When you love someone, you may be so engrossed that these signs may be ignored. But make sure you know it’s toxic love when you see these signs in your relationship.
1. Lack of Respect
You definitely will feel this when you are the target of toxic love. Love no longer goes respectfully. You do not matter, and they insult you. Respect means your opinions, ideas, and thoughts are valued. But in toxic love, they neither care about your feelings nor your emotions.
2. Complains every time
Toxic love has people who constantly keep on complaining about the relationship. Every time you try to love them the only thing, they do is whine, make you whine, and complain. The toxic love will mostly complain of how the love is missing, how you aren’t getting along, and so on.
Every person lies at some point in time. But what if the lies go on and on every time? Even the person you love sticks always to lying, isn’t it toxic love then? Of course, it is. Sometimes you lie because for some valid reason, which may not harm you drastically. Yet the lies go on and on for selfish purposes there sure is a kind of toxic love you will be trapped in.
4. Blame it on you:
Mistakes happen to everyone. Loved ones also make mistakes but who is to blame is the question. When you are in love you don’t blame the other for the mistake, you try to understand them as to why it happened. But toxic love is that where you tend to blame the other for all they have done, instead of being with them.
5. Power Game
This is what you need to know most about toxic love. The game of power is so strong in this. Love should be a balance between the two people, yet if there is one trying to control always, that is where toxic love exists. The toxic love craves control over the other in every aspect, most of the time.
6. Vibes of Negativity:
At a point in time, the love does come when you have fights and negative feelings towards each other. But toxic love doesn’t have negativity just once or twice, the vibes remain constantly getting to the relationship and making you also go towards pessimistic feels. This is where you must follow your intuition and know that love is going toxic.
Just Problems, no solutions: problems arise in every love relation, yet there also can be solutions. But if there comes a time when you try to give solutions, but instead of accepting them., they see more problems associated with it. This is where you are being signaled that they may not want the problem to be solved at all and it is getting toxic.
Health Hazards of Toxic Love
Toxic love and health are also related in many ways. Normally we may think that the infirmities we are facing may be due to other problems, but it may be actually due to the toxic relationship which you are already trapped in. The health effects can range from physical, mental, emotional, and social impacts
1. Physical impacts:
You may start to feel the symptoms in your body like.
- Stomach Pain
- Excessive fatigue
- The urge to Substance Abuse
- Weight Gain
- Overeating or Not eating
2. Mental Impacts
There may be a mental pressure of toxic love that may affect mental health such as:
- Low self-esteem
- Excess stress
- Low confidence
- Lack of social Interaction
- Sexual frustration
- Feeling to suicide
3. Emotional Impact
The toxic love may also get into your emotions at a high level. Such like:
- Feeling to want to stay alone
- A feeling of wanting to cry
Can we get rid of Toxic Love?
Sure, you can. The process may be a bit harder but not impossible. Toxic love can be even harder to end, there may be manipulation while doing so. Yet if toxic love is getting into destroying your life, it is better to have a strong heart and move on from it. Here are some tips that might save you from being victimized by toxic love.
- Self-love: This is one of the most important parts. Often for the sake of love, we tend to ourselves be a victim of a toxic relationship. We must make time for ourselves to understand what we want. Taking some time for yourself may let you know if you are happy enough or not. There may be that notion that your mind tells you the love you are in is intoxicating you. You will realize how important it is to self-love and also help you to be away from toxic relationships.
- Boundaries: are boundaries set up in the relationship to avoid toxic love. If love is toxic you never know when there may be violence included. The boundaries are set when the love gets in a phase of being violent then you will know where the love is heading to.
- Communication: This is the main element that helps you to recognize and maintain the line of a toxic relationship. Communicating well with your partner may be that key that will make you realize if love is toxic or not. The toxic relationship will exhibit a flaw in communication, making it harder for to communicate positively. This way you can realize that poor communication should be stopped, and you must move on.
There may be times when love can be a heavenly feeling but at the same time a disaster. It is important to realize which one is heavenly and making you feel so, and which isn’t. Often for the sake of love, we tend to hang on to a relationship that is just mixing up toxicity in your life rather than happiness. At all costs, you must avoid toxic love for the sake of maintaining good relationships and also for the sake of keeping yourself happy.