Want a salad but with some cheese in it? Amish broccoli is here to meet all your demands regarding a salad.
This Amish broccoli salad is a show’s topper. The recipe for the Amish broccoli salad comes from an Amish woman in Navarre. The Navarre is a northern edge of Ohio’s Amish archipelago.
It is different from the other usual salads. It has a tangy taste with a crunchy texture. In addition, there is cheese also for cheese lovers.
This article is for salad lovers who are looking for the recipe for the Amish broccoli salad. In below, you can find the original recipe of the Amish broccoli salad, we will also tell you some nutritional facts about the Amish broccoli salad and a few things more.
TAKE YOUR BROCCOLI AND GET THEM READY FOR A HEALTHY SALAD.
How to make Amish broccoli salad
We have brought an original Amish broccoli salad recipe for you. With this, you can experience the real Amish broccoli salad. The making of the salad is easy and requires some ingredients that are not commonly available at your home. Try to bring them all to have the best taste.
The ingredients that make it unique from the others are.
- Fresh broccoli
- Fresh cauliflower
- Red bell pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Purple onion
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
To have the best one you have to involve in this enlisted procedure. The procedure is easy. You just have to do little cuttings and some stirring and BOOM your homemade one is ready to eat.
- Take bacon and diced them.
- Cook the diced portions of bacon on a saucepan for at least 6 minutes until they get crispy complete.
- Now wash the broccoli and the cauliflowers.
- Cut them in a precise shape.
- Now take a medium-sized bowl, add broccoli and the other seasoning, mayonnaise, and fresh lemon juice in it. Stir it and mix the mixture well.
- Add cooked broccoli and cheese to the top of the mixture.
The Amish broccoli salad is all ready to be eaten.
Nutritional facts of Amish Broccoli Salad
It is considered a healthy salad to have. It is used as a famous side dish also in the Navarre. Some nutritional facts about it are.
- There are 324 calories in a single serving of the Amish broccoli salad. This is for the Amish broc salad that is made with the original recipe.
- The carbohydrates are 5 g per serving. In this one low carbohydrates sugar is used.
- The proteins are 7g per servings. These proteins are animal-based. These come from the bacon and the cheese that we have added to it.
- Fats are 32 grams in a single serving. These fats are from olive oil. Some fats also come from the bacon.
- 321mg of sodium is also there in it. This sodium is from the salt that we have added for the taste in the salad.
- The fiber is also there and its quantity is 2g per serving. These fibers are from broccoli and cauliflower.
Customizations in your Amish Broccoli Salad:
Here are some ingredients that you can add to customize your one. These customizations can be dependent on your taste and cultural preferences also. Add ingredients that you feel, can give the best taste to you.
- Full-fat Greek yogurt: In alternate to the sour cream you can add full-fat Greek yogurt also. This will give the best taste. And it can be even better than sour cream.
- Variety of vegetables: In addition to the broccolis and the cauliflowers you can add other vegetables also in the Amish broccoli salad.
- Refrigeration: Refrigerated salad is the best to have. If you want to refrigerate the salad then store the bacon separately and then add them on the top of the salad when you planned to eat it.
Refrigeration increases its taste.
The Amish broccoli salad is a traditional salad of the Navarre. The salad is special because it contains bacon and cheese. It is rich in proteins. And considered healthy to eat. The only unhealthy ingredient that it has is mayonnaise. You can alternate it with full-fat yogurt or with some other ingredients like that.
We have mentioned the details of the Amish broccoli salad for you. So that you can customize it according to your desires and preferences. You can have the original one also if you can consume the fatty mayonnaise without considering your weight. The one with its original recipe is tasty to have.
If you find this article helpful. Let us know in the comment section below.
Is Amish broccoli salad healthy to eat?
What is the protein source in the Amish broccoli salad?
Mostly fresh salads are not rich in proteins. It is one of the salads that contain proteins. If you ever find a chance to have it never miss even a single spoon of it.
Name some best salads that are healthy to eat?
Winter spa salad with lemon chicken
Tomato cucumber and avocado salad
Quinoa and kale salad
Teriyaki chicken salad
Ahi tuna poke and mango salad
Citrus fennel and avocado salad.
Loaded Nicoise salad
Mango mandarin sesame and shrimp salad
In all the above-mentioned salads the meat should only be boiled, neither fried nor grilled.