Heavy Cream Nutrition Facts
Do you use heavy cream in most of your desserts and dishes? Do you want to know the heavy cream nutrition facts? If yes then you are reading the right article.
Heavy cream is an ingredient that has many culinary purposes. It is used in savory dishes, in desserts, and now in drinks also. It is full of nutrition but provides a lot of calories also to the consumer. In the article, we will see whether we can use heavy cream in our healthy diet or not.
The article will give you that details about the heavy cream nutrition facts, benefits of using heavy cream its side effects, and a little more.
The product is called heavy because it is full of fats. The cream is nutritionally rich. It contains a lot of fats which are healthy to eat. You will not get obese with this heavy cream. The heavy cream is caloric rich. You can have this in your dessert, main courses, and drinks also.
Heavy cream nutrition facts
Heavy cream is nutritionally rich. Provide you with a lot of calories also in addition to the nutrition. Some nutritional facts of the heavy cream are.
30 grams (1 fluid ounce) of Heavy cream provides:
- Calories: 101
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g
- Total Carbohydrates: 0.8g
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Potassium: 28mg
- Sodium: 8mg
- Calcium: 20mg (1.5% of the Daily Value)
- Iron: <2mg (0.2% of the Daily Value)
- Vitamin A: 442mg (8.8% of the Daily Value)
- Vitamin C: <2mg (0.3% of the Daily Value)
Heavy cream nutrition measure with one tablespoon
Let’s see how much heavy cream nutrition is in one tablespoon.
- There are 51 calories in a single spoon of heavy cream. These are more than enough To have in a serving.
- There are a total of 5.1g of fats in the one tablespoon of the heavy cream.
- Carbohydrates are 0.42 grams in a tablespoon of heavy cream.
- The nutrient that is present in the limited amount is protein. There is only 0.31g of protein in a single tablespoon of the heavy cream.
When you go in the calorie breakdown of the heavy cream you will have the following results
- 95% fat
- 3% carbohydrates
- 2% proteins.
Benefits of using heavy cream
Several benefits are associated with the usage of heavy cream. Let’s increase our knowledge regarding heavy cream nutrition facts. These benefits are health-related but where there are benefits there are drawbacks also. Let’s first consider the benefits of the heavy cream.
- Fat-soluble vitamins: Heavy cream being a dairy product contains many fat-soluble vitamins. It is the characteristic of the fat-soluble vitamins that they are absorbed in the body better when taken with some fats. Supplemented fat-soluble vitamins thus are not as effective as natural ones. The best way to have these by eating the heavy cream.
- Prevent from diseases: In some researches, it is shown that the full-fat dairy products don’t lead you towards obesity and also these products save you from the disease like diabetes and heart attacks.
Most people consider that where there is full fat written on the label it means that we are buying obesity for us. But it is not true.
- Less filling: the heavy cream is less filling in nature. This means that you can have a lot of heavy creams but still feel empty or not full. That is why the cream these days are added in the drinks also because it has a negligible effect but can give you huge calories.
Drawbacks of eating heavy cream
As we have seen some of the benefits of using heavy cream. There are some drawbacks of using heavy cream are also there.
- Calories rich: the heavy cream is rich in calories. If you are not used to eating this heavy cream daily then this cream will become a calorie bulk for you.
- Lactose intolerance: this heavy cream can be a cause of disturbing feel for people who are lactose intolerant. As heavy cream is a dairy product it contains lactose. If you are a celiac patient then you can have lactose-free cream.
- Mucous production: researches have shown that the excess intake of dairy can become a cause of mucous production in the human body. This mucous then can block the various passageways. Leading to complexities.
- Additives: heavy creams and other products are not natural they contain additives like preservatives, emulsifiers, homogenizers, and other things. These are important to add in the heavy cream because they play important role in the shelf life of the product. Emulsifiers act to bind fat and water molecules. Having these additives added product is not as good as the natural products that you can have.
Try having those which are least in the additives. Additives-free products are easily available in the market these days.
Also read: American Cheese Nutrition
The heavy cream is nutritionally rich. It contains all the good fatty acids that have no side effects when eaten. The heavy cream is caloric rich also. The nutrition of the heavy cream says that it lacks proteins but it is rich in fats. If you have it even daily you will not put on weight.
There are a lot of benefits associated with heavy cream and some drawbacks to eating heavy cream. People these days are using heavy cream excessively in their drinks like coffee and shakes. You can have this also with your desserts and drinks depending upon your taste.
Hopefully, this article has helped you regarding heavy cream nutrition facts. if it does so let us know in the comment section below.
FAQs of Heavy Cream Nutrition Facts
Why heavy creams are not rich in proteins?
Heavy creams are rich in fats that is why the proteins in the heavy creams are in low amounts. When you go for the skimmed creams they lack the fats and are rich in proteins.
Have one depending upon your preferences. Evaluate what you need for your body’s health. Fats or proteins then choose what suits you more.
What is the alternative to heavy creams?
There are some substitutes for heavy creams.
Soy milk and olive oil
Milk and butter
Milk and cornstarch
Silken tofu and soy milk
Greek full-fat yogurt
Cottage cheese and milk.
Is heavy cream the same as cream?
The name suggests the nature of the product. When heavy cream is labeled on the packet of the product this means that cream is full of fats. This heavy cream is caloric rich. When there is only cream written on the product label this means that the extra fat is removed from it and it has fat only up to standard limits.