Want to experience the fresh seafood salad? Squid salad is an option to have.
The squid salad is a Vietnam recipe. It is placed with some vegetables and then tossed with some spices and dressed with some famous salad dressing oils. It is best when eaten fresh but if you will eat the squid salad after placing it in the refrigerator for some time you can experience the enhanced flavors.
The article is for those who are curious about the recipe for the squid salad. In this article, we have brought for you the amazing and easy recipe for it and we will also give you some other details about this unique kind of seafood salad.
How to make the squid salad?
It is not like the other salads. It requires a little time to make a perfect squid salad. The recipe for the salad is a little complex. You have to properly concentrate on the instructions to make the best one.
Following are some ingredients that make the tasty one. Better to have all of the ingredients. Don’t miss any of the enlisted ingredients.
- Baby chilies
- Garlic clove
- Palm sugar
- Thai fish sauce
- Baby squid
- Garlic cloves
- Garlic chives
- Spring onions
- Thai shallots
- Mint leaves
- Thai basil leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Sesame oil.
We can’t say that it is easy to make. Its making procedure is a little complex. Anyways you can make the squid salad successfully if you considered the following instructions carefully.
- For the dressing take the garlic cloves and the chilies in pastel and mortar. Add the other dressing ingredients to it. Grind them all manually to make a rough paste.
- Transfer this paste to a small bowl and set it aside.
- Prepare the squid, remove its skin, cut it in half keeping its tentacles joined, wash it properly and remove the core also.
- Cut the spring onions, Thai shallots, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. Add them to a bowl. Add the garlic clove and the garlic chives to this vegetable mixture. Ensure that the garlic cloves and the garlic chives are properly chopped.
- Now it’s time to cook the squid. The hardest part of all.
- Heat a cooking pan on a medium stove, add the vegetable or the sesame oil to the pan. Fry the ginger in that pan. Cook it until it gets brown. Now it’s time to add squid in the pan and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes, you can see that on cooking the squid will get curled. This is the indication that the squid is fully cooked, you can now remove it from the stove.
- Now add the dressing to the hot squid. And toss this saucy squid with the other ingredients that are already in the bowl
- You can have it readily when it is prepared or can have it after refrigerating it for some hours.
The nutritional profile of the squid salad
Let’s have a little detail about the nutritional profile of the squid salad. It doesn’t have any unhealthy ingredients in it. It is healthy to have. The only curious thing about the nutrition of it is the squid itself.
- It is rich in fibers because it contains many raw vegetables. These fibers are healthy to have when we talk about the nutrition of squid salad.
- There is a small number of proteins and carbohydrates that are also there in it. The proteins come from the squid and carbohydrates come from the vegetables that we have added to the squid salad.
- There are vitamins and minerals also there in the squid salad. The garlic and ginger that we have added in it serve for the vitamins and minerals.
There are no unhealthy ingredients in the squid salad. You can have it without being suspicious about its nutrition.
Also Read: Mushroom Salad: Healthy and Delicious Salad
The squid salad is a unique seafood salad. In this salad, the squid is balanced with some of the herbs and vegetables. The squid salad is unique due to the presence of the squid in it. If squid is properly cooked it compliments the other ingredients in the best way.
The squid salad is nutritionally rich. It contains all the healthy ingredients. There is no unhealthy ingredient in it. The most important nutrient that is the fibers comes from the vegetables and there is a small number of proteins are also there in the squid salad.
If you like having the squid salad, let us know in the comment section below.
Is squid healthy to eat?
Squid is generally recognized as safe. The only problem with the jellyfish and the squid is the level of mercury in them. These species are rich in mercury. Other than the mercury the squid also comes in the category of the allergen. Those who have squid allergies are advised not to eat the squid neither partially cooked nor fully cooked.
Eat squid at your risk.
What is the nutritional profile of the squid?
The squid is nutritionally strong. The raw squid contains 13.2 grams of proteins. There are healthy fats also embedded in the squid, there is a little amount of cholesterol also there.
When we cook the squid some proteins get denatured. In the cooked squid, the proteins are not this huge in number.
Is squid salad healthy to have?
The squid salad contains all the healthy ingredients. There is no unhealthy ingredient added in the squid salad. Even the dressing is also made from garlic and chilies. If we use a dressing other than the garlic chilies past then this will affect the overall nutritional profile of the squid salad.
The most common dressing that people use for their salad is mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is not a healthy dressing to have. It contains a huge amount of cholesterol and bad fatty acids. This dressing makes the salad unhealthy on the whole.