Shrimp Louie Salad
Want to have prawns embedded in the green leafy vegetables? This can come true with the shrimp Louie salad.
Shrimp Louie salad is California-originated. It is originated in the late 1900s. The salad is considered the healthiest if eaten without unhealthy dressings. The toppings like tomatoes, eggs, prawns, and others are rested on the green leafy lattice. The salad is then dressed with some custom-made sauces and mayonnaise. It is unique in both its ingredients and taste.
The article is here for you so that you can get the details about it. We will give the original recipe of it, the key instructions for making it, and its nutritional profile.
How to make shrimp Louie salad?
It is a traditional salad in California. It is used as a lunch and a side dish also. The salad is healthy to eat but contains a few unhealthy dressings. Here we have brought for you the original recipe.
Let’s get the list of what makes the shrimp Louie salad healthy, unique, and tasty. Most of the ingredients are easy to have some are complex ingredients that are difficult to gather. Try to gather all the enlisted ingredients.
- English cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lime wedges
- Hot chili sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Lime juice
Here are some instructions for you to follow when you are planning to make it . These instructions are very easy to follow and will make your salad perfect.
- First of all, let’s start with the dressing preparation.
- Take a bowl to have mayonnaise in it. Add chili sauce, Dijon mustard, lime juice salt, pepper, and a little water in it. Stir it well until they all get mixed properly.
Note that, the sauce should not be very thick. Add water little by little to manage the consistency of the dressing.
- Time to enter into the real game, the salad preparation.
- Put the skillet on the stove. Place it on medium heat. Prepare the shrimp by marinating them in the salt.
- Add butter to the skillet and place shrimps over that butter. Sear the shrimps until they get curled and golden brown.
- Remove them from the stove and remove the skin and the tail of the shrimps. Place them in a separate dish.
- Now take the eggs and boil them in boiling water until they get hard-boiled.
- Take a final dish. Spread the lettuce on the dish. You can layer the lettuce in the dish more than once if you want more lettuce in your bite. Add a single layer of shrimps over the lettuce and then hard-boiled eggs over them. You can add some freshly cut cherry tomatoes from the top also.
- Sprinkle the salt and the pepper from the top to add taste to your one.
- It’s time to give the final touch. Dress your salad with the dressing that you have made in the steps above. Use as much dressing as you want over your made ones.
- The Louie shrimp salad is ready to have.
Nutritional Profile of Shrimp Louie Salad:
A nutritional profile is a must to consider. It is considered healthy to have as it contains all the healthy ingredients. The only unhealthy ingredient that is added to it is mayonnaise. This mayonnaise is added to the dressing of the shrimp Louie salad.
- A serving of 100g can give you a total of 98 calories.
- There are 7grams of fats in the 100g of the shrimp Louie salad.
- Carbohydrates are 4grams in a single serving of it.
- The proteins are 5 grams and these come from the prawns and the egg.
Also read: Popcorn Salad: An interesting and healthy salad
Are you a salad lover? Then it is a must to try.
It is a traditional salad in California. It contains lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, and prawns mainly. The dressings can be different depending upon the consumer’s choice. The original dressing of the shrimp Louie salad is the mayonnaise dressing.
The salad is unique in the taste and the ingredients also. The making process is easy although. You can have a tasty shrimp Louie salad in just 20 minutes. The only time taking procedure is searing the shrimps and the other is just tossing of the ingredients. We have mentioned the details above it. You can have a tasty one by just reading this article.
Let us know if you become able to make a tasty one after reading this article. Hoping for your response.
1. From where do the proteins come in the shrimp Louie salad?
There are 5grams of protein available in a single serving of the shrimp Louie salad (The serving size is 100grams). The proteins are of animal origin. Some of the proteins come from the eggs and some from the prawns. These proteins have better absorption in the body as compared to vegetable-origin proteins.
2. Is shrimp Louie salad healthy to have?
Without the fatty dressings, the shrimp Louie salad is considered a healthy salad to have. When the mayonnaise dressing is added to the salad it becomes unhealthy and calorie-rich. You can have some other alternative of the dressings also. You can add some sauces like ketchup also on the top of the shrimp Louie salad.
3. From where the shrimp Louie salad comes?
Shrimp Louie salad is a traditional salad of California. It is mainly originated in San Francisco in the late 1900s. In the shrimp Louie salad the prawns, eggs, and tomatoes are bedded on the lettuce and these are then dressed with some dressings. These dressings can be of mayonnaise and some other sauces also.
If we eat shrimp Louie salad without the mayonnaise dressing it is healthy to have with the mayonnaise the salad become fatty and calorie-rich.
Try to have it with some healthy dressing other than the mayonnaises.