Do want to have a meaty taste without using the actual meat in a salad? Mushroom salad can serve you for this purpose.
The hot mushroom salad has now become trendy these days. These cooked mushrooms give a taste of the meat. In actuality, there is no meat added to the mushroom salad. It is simply made of cooked mushrooms, some vegetables with different kinds of seasonings. The mushroom is an allergen so better eat it after having all the essential information about the mushrooms used in the mushroom salad.
The article is here for mushroom lovers. After reading this article you become able to make it with a few ingredients. We will also give you the nutritional profile of it.
How to make the mushroom salad?
Put on your apron and be ready to make the tasty and healthy mushroom salad. It is the simplest to make among all the salads. Let’s have the detailed recipe for it.
The ingredients that are in use are very common. You can have them easily from every market near you. The ingredients that are in need to make the classic one are.
- White mushrooms
- Lemon juice
- Unsalted butter
- Virgin olive oil
- Sherry vinegar
- Tomato paste
- Garlic cloves
- Romaine salad
- Boston lettuce
- Gouda cheese.
You have to follow these instructions if you want to make it properly. You will become able to have the best taste from your homemade one if you will follow these enlisted instructions.
- Set your oven by preheating it to 300 degrees Celsius.
- Take the white mushrooms and cut them into 4 pieces.
- Add butter to the skillet and olive oil. When the butter starts changing its color, add the mushrooms. Stir these mushrooms after regular intervals. On cooking these mushrooms will release some water. Cook the mushrooms until the water gets evaporated. Now add the soy sauce, salt, and pepper to the dried mushrooms and cook these a bit more.
- After cooking the mushroom, place them on the oven tray and place this tray in the already preheated oven. Let them bake for few minutes.
- Take a small bowl now, add the virgin olive oil, tomato paste, sherry vinegar, Marsala, salt, and pepper in it. Mix all these ingredients very well.
- Again take a skillet and add olive oil to it. Cook the shallot in this olive oil for few minutes until it gets soft.
- Transfer all these cooked ingredients to the final bowl, toss it with the roughly shredded romaine lettuce and finely shredded Boston lettuce. From the top add the sauce that we have made in the earlier steps.
- Stir all of these a bit.
- For the final look, add the shredded Gouda cheese to your made one.
- It is ready to be on your plate. Have a spoon full of deliciousness.
Nutritional profile of mushroom salad:
It is considered healthy. It has a good nutritional profile. Here we brought some nutrient calculations for your convenience.
- 3.7 cups of mushroom salad will give you a total of 85 calories. Isn’t it astonish? Hell, yes. 3.7 cups are HUGE. Eating that much of it will give only a bit of calorie. This means that it is calorie efficient.
- Among all the other nutrients the carbohydrates are present in the highest amount. There are 5.6grams of carbohydrates in the 3.7 cups of the mushroom salad.
- There are dietary fibers present in a decent amount in the mushroom salad. You can have 1.4g of dietary fibers in the 3.7 cups of the mushroom salad.
- There are also some vitamins and minerals available in the mushroom salad. Their quantity is negligible but still, they are there to serve your body.
From the above overall nutritional profile, you can evaluate that, the mushroom salad is calorie efficient and it has a decent range of every macronutrient. the micronutrients are also there but in a small amount.
There are many mushrooms lovers in the world. A mushroom salad can be a treat for them. The mushrooms in the mushroom salad taste like meat. There is no meat added to the mushroom salad. The easiest recipe to make the salad is in the above paragraphs. You can easily make the mushroom salad by reading this article.
The mushroom salad as we have evaluated is healthy to have. There are no unhealthy ingredients in the mushroom salad. The mushrooms serve the best functions related to health. Mushrooms have many health benefits but remember, only edible mushrooms.
If you are also a mushroom lover and excited to make a salad out of them let us know in the comment section below.
1. What are the benefits of eating mushrooms?
Edible mushrooms have many health benefits. The mushrooms are the source of dietary fibers, proteins, and antioxidants. Mushrooms also can prevent its consumer from lethal diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, heart diseases, cancers, and many more.
There is a huge variety of mushrooms available. Some are considered edible and some are not. Mushrooms are also in the category of allergens by law. Be conscious when you are planning to eat the mushroom.
2. What is a mushroom?
Mushroom is categorized as a vegetable but technically it is not a vegetable. Mushrooms belong to a kingdom of fungi they are not vegetables. That is why some of its verities are not edible and can cause even death if eaten accidentally. The edible mushrooms are the healthiest to have. You can have many health benefits when you eat mushrooms.
It is advisable to buy mushrooms for eating only from a trusted and verified source.
3. Can I eat mushroom salad daily?
Yes, you can eat mushroom salad daily. There is no unhealthy ingredient that has been added to the mushroom salad. The healthiest ingredient in the mushroom salad is itself the mushroom. The mushroom provides many health benefits by providing essential nutrients and antioxidants.
The nutritional profile of the mushroom salad is given above.