Last updated on July 21st, 2020
Loose motion is a common disorder that can affect anyone and can be very disturbing in between your daily life routine. Diarrhea is nothing but loose motions only which can arise frequently in a day. The symptoms of loose motions can include watery and liquid stools, dehydration in the body, fever, nausea, and abdominal pain. In this article, we have discussed how to stop loose motion with causes of loose motion and the sign & symptoms of loose motion.
Postprandial diarrhea (PD) is a condition when people suffer from diarrhea after eating. Also, there may be change when you may suffer from IBS( Irritable Bowel Syndrome) which can cause you a lot of problems including abdominal pain, constipation, changes in bowel movements, gas and bloating, food intolerance, improper sleep, etc.
Even though loose motions or diarrhea is not a serious ailment but it can cause a lot of difficulties and disturbance in your stressful life. Also, frequent visits to washrooms can result in the deficiency of some minerals in the body. There are many ways to treat loose motions which you can try but let’s see ‘How to stop loose motion‘ in simple ways.
11 Easy ways to get rid of loose motion
So here are some remedies for the question of how to stop loose motion. Follow these remedies to stop your loose motion.
- Anti-diarrheal Medicines: Your doctor may consult you to have some anti-diarrheal medicines as they are known to show immediate effects. It’s the most effective way to cure loose motions.
- Fiber: It is also advised to have more fiber in your daily diet in order to cure your disorder. There are two types of fibers – Soluble and Insoluble. Intake of soluble fiber can help in absorbing the extra amount of fluid and thus letting the stool to pass away from the large intestine easily.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits are known to clean your digestive system by throwing out all the toxins from your body. Diarrhea can be treated by having citrus fruits like lemon, grapefruit, etc in your diet.
- Yogurt: Yoghurt is one of the best solutions which can bring a soothing effect on your stomach as it is a probiotic product. An added bowl of yogurt in your diet can help you to cure your loose motions. You can also have curd rice if you like.
- Bananas: Bananas is one of the most effective ways to get rid of the loose motions. Having raw bananas in your diet plan, when you are suffering from diarrhea can help you to rejuvenate the lost minerals and fluids in the body. Also, the presence of potassium and fiber content in bananas can help in improving the digestive system and can regulate bowel activity to normal.
- Chamomile Tea- A cup of chamomile tea can help you to feel better in some ways. It’s antidiarrhoeal, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory properties can help you to cure your loose motions. Take it with one tablespoon of honey to get better results. It can also help in proper digestion by easing the abdominal pain.
- Stay hydrated: Plenty of water can help you to stay away from a lot of ailments and loose motions are one of them. Drinking 8 to 15 glasses of water can help your body to make your stool harder.
- Cumin Water: Loose motions can be a result of any kind of disturbance in the gastric system also. Cumin contains high potassium contents and also comes with antiseptic properties. Taking cumin water 3 to 4 times in a day can improve the digestive system thus helping you to get rid of loose motions. It can be responsible for maintaining body temperature also by keeping the body hydrated.
- Black Tea: Taking black tea with lemon can cure your disorder as black tea comes with anti-oxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. 1 cup of water along with 1 tablespoon of black tea and lemon juice can help you to soothe inflammation in your stomach. Having it 3 times in a day can show you effective results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Have two glasses of apple cider vinegar in a day to get rid of loose motions. You can prepare it just by adding two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar along with one spoon of honey to add some flavor in a glass of lukewarm water. It will help you to get rid of stomach pain and is also known as one of the best remedies to treat loose motions.
- Ginger – Ginger comes with a lot of antibacterial properties that can help you in many ways. Having a glass of ginger juice three to four times in a day can help you to get rid of loose motions. It is also easy to prepare, you just need two tablespoons of ginger juice along with one spoon of honey. Add both the ingredients in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it.
Symptoms and signs of loose motions
Before going to question How to stop loose motion, you must understand its signs and symptoms. The symptoms of loose motions can be many let’s see some of the main symptoms you can have:
- The watery or liquid stool is one of the first symptoms which you can experience.
- Loose motions can also cause dehydration in your body that’s why it is always advised to drink water.
- It can also cause abdominal pain. If you are having pain in your stomach then you may be suffering from loose motions.
- Loose motions can also make you fall sick. Fever is one of the symptoms of loose motions.
Cause of loose motions
There can be many causes of loose motions or diarrhea. In order to cure your disorder you can avoid some food items from your diet also like some drinks and beverages, oily and spicy food, etc. Some of them are-
- Coffee is one of the most famous beverages which can cause loose motions.
- Oily and spicy food are the other two reasons that can disturb the process of digestion thus causing loose stools.
- Drinking alcohol can also be one of the reasons for the disorder to occur.
- Food poisoning can be a result of eating spoiled, uncooked and low-quality food and this can result in various ailments like diarrhea, pain in the abdomen, vomiting, nausea, etc
- Bacterial infection in the stomach and intestinal disorders can also result in loose stools.
- Viral infections are also a cause of loose motions.
There can be a lot of other causes also like some medications, lactose intolerance, Celiac disease, hyperthyroidism, dumping syndrome, Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, etc.
As already said, loose motions are not a very serious problem but how long does diarrhea last? Well, normally you may suffer from diarrhea for 3 days. In most of the cases, they can be treated within 2 to 3days, but there can be many complications also like malnutrition and dehydration. This can be so irritating and it can make you visit your bathroom 12 to 15 times a day also. You can go ahead with simple home remedies for query how to stop loose motion but if they occur frequently or you are unable to resolve it with normal medications and remedies then it is advised to consult a doctor. Don’t feel shy to tell your doctor each and every symptom.