N Coronavirus is respiratory infections viruses which are single-stranded positive virus without segmentation. Coronaviruses are enveloped, and particles are round or elliptical shaped.
As per reports and researches, it was found that coronavirus pathogens are carried mainly by wild animals and act as a carrier for infectious respiratory diseases. Civet, bamboo mice, bat are the primary carrier of coronavirus pathogen. Coronavirus mainly causes viral pneumonia. The outbreak of N-Cov initially seen in Wuhan(China) which have been found in bats and its also supposed that the natural host of Wuhan novel Coronavirus maybe a bat.
Bats are likely the primary host of the new Wuhan coronavirus, which has completed bat-intermediate host-human transmission through evolutionary mutation. However, there may be bounteous intermediate hosts, from bats to humans, that have not yet been identified and confirmed.
Coronavirus pathways from animal to human and person to person. Contact transmission and droplet transmission.
The epidemiological characteristics of this new outbreak of coronavirus pneumonia are Early cases were seen in the seafood market of Wuhan China. The new coronavirus is already deadly, and its fatality rate is yet to be determined. As this virus epidemic is in its early stage, it is in the preventable and controllable state. However, family clustering and high population flow will accelerate the risk factor.
Mode of Transmission
Primary methods of transmission are Droplet transmission, direct contact with an infected person. Also, airborne particles and communication with an animal may transmit N-Cov.
The early symptoms of coronavirus pneumonia are
- Dry cough
- Gradually dyspnea,
- Some patients with mild symptoms, but no fever
Serious symptoms are:
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome, septic shock, challenging to correct metabolic acidosis, bleeding and
- coagulation dysfunction
- Most of the patients are mild and moderate, with good
Recently in last January N coronavirus broke out and it has almost affected 18 countries except for Mainland China. The total cases of coronavirus worldwide are 6060 altogether among which 5974 in mainland China and 86 in outside China. The overall death count reaches 132 as on 29th January 2020, which is all in Mainland of China. No death is seen outside China. Basic statistics of confirmed cases of coronavirus are like this
- China: 6,047 cases, 132 deaths
- Thailand: Fourteen cases have confirmed no death till now.
- Hong Kong: 8 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Taiwan: Eight cases have confirmed no death until now.
- Macau: 7 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Malaysia: 7 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Singapore: 7 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Japan: 7 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Australia: 5 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now and 1 case is reported recently, which are kept in observation and no death count.
- The United States: 5 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- South Korea: Four cases are currently reported and no death count.
- France: 3 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now and 1 case is reported recently and no death count.
- Germany: 1 Confirmed cases and three are recently reported till now no death count.
- Canada: 3 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Vietnam: 2 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Cambodia: 1 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
- Nepal: 1 Confirmed cases of coronavirus and 2 cases were reported recently, which are kept in observation till now no death count.
- The United Arab Emirates: 1 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now death count.
- Sri Lanka: 1 Confirmed cases of coronavirus till now no death count.
Some of the significant precautions that can be taken at this stage to be safe from coronaviruses are
- ALWAYS WEAR MASK (N95 Mask): As N95 mask (mostly recommended) can filter 95% 0.3um particles and block virus, which can cause airborne diseases.
- wash your hands whenever you come from the outside minimum for 20 sec.
- Mainly try to drink hot water.
- Scrub your hands with soap and water after handling animals and animal products
- Disinfect equipment and work area at least once a day
- Wear protective clothing, gloves and face protection when handling animals and fresh animal products
- Take off your protective clothing after work, clean it daily and leave it in the work area.
- Be away from the patients who are being kept under observation.
- .Vitamin C is essential in this situation to keep your immune system secure so intake vitamin C rich food.
- Whenever you are outside on journey, Clean your hands with an alcohol-based disinfectant. Human coronaviruses are not resistant to acid or alkali and are sensitive to organic solvents and disinfectants.75% alcohol
Disinfectants .75% alcohol inactivates the virus, so alcohol-containing disinfection products of an absolute concentration can be used as a surrogate to washing hands with soap and running water.
As, there are no definitive antiviral drugs for the novel coronavirus, and the treatment is mainly symptomatic and supportive. Avoid blind or inappropriate antibiotic therapy, especially in combination with broad-spectrum antibiotics. There is no vaccine available for the new disease. Developing a new vaccine could take years. So it is recommended to take all the precautions that could be considered to be safe from Novel Coronavirus.