According to a report available in the U.S. National Library of Medicine, 60 percent of males and 50 percent of women worldwide suffer from hair fall. Below we cover all that you need to know about the best hair transplant.
In America, 4 out of every 10 people start losing their hair by the age of 30. With the growing age, the numbers also go higher.
But when it comes to the treatment of Androgenic Alopecia, there is no effective treatment other than a hair transplant.
Androgenic Alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness, is the most common type of hair fall in men, and in some cases, a woman can also experience it.
Different reasons can cause hair loss, but when it comes to Androgenic Alopecia, the main reason behind this form of hair fall is a genetic disorder.
To cure Alopecia, hair transplant is the most effective method, but there are many myths about it due to which many people do not consider it a good option.
Here we will see all the facts and myths about any of the best hair transplantation in detail to know whether going for a hair transplant is a good option or not.
What is a hair transplant?
As per the definition available on Wikipedia, “Hair transplantation is a surgical technique that removes hair follicles from one part of the body, called the ‘donor site,’ to a bald or balding part of the body known as the ‘recipient site.’
In simple words, we can say, “Hair Transplantation is hair treatment techniques in which a dermatologist removes hair from the back of the head and grafts it on the bald spot.” To do it in a perfect way, it should be done through the best hair transplant services.
There are two types of hair transplant techniques FUT and FUE, which is widely used by the dermatologist-
Follicular unit transplantation [FUT]
• Follicular Unit Transplantation(FUT) is also known as Strip Harvesting. It is one of the most common and most popular hairs transplantation methods.
• In this method, the surgeon harvests a strip of skin from the head’s back with adequate hairs.
• An expert technician will separate individual hair follicles from the strip and prepare them for transplantation.
• Then the hair follicles will then be inserted into the balding area of your scalp in a pattern that looks natural.
• In most cases, it will take 6 to 9 months to see the result of hair transplantation.
Follicular Unit Extraction [FUE]
• Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is also known as a Follicular Transfer.
• Unlike FUT, the surgeon will extract individual hair follicles from the donor area in this hair transplant technique, leaving dot marks.
• The surgeon uses a blade or needle in your scalp to receive the transplant and make tiny holes. Then delicately place the extracted hairs into these holes.
• In this method, no stitching up is required like FUT. The fine dot scars are left behind; later on, these dots get covered by the hair.
After having the overview of hair transplantation, let’s move to the second most asked question about hair transplantation.
Who Can Go For The Hair Transplant?
Even though hair transplantation is considered as the best treatment for Androgenic Alopecia, it is a fact that the success rate of hair transplantation is not 100% despite having best hair transplant services.
Apart from this, the treatment is costly, and it requires a fair amount of investment. Therefore, before heading for a hair transplant, you need to be double sure.
If you are considering hair transplant surgery, please check these three points mentioned below.
• Go for a hair transplant only if you have experienced enough hair loss to affect your appearance.
• You must have practical expectations about what you will achieve after hair transplant surgery
• And most importantly, you should have enough donor hair available to satisfy current and future hair replacement needs.
How Long Will A Hair Transplant Last?
A hair transplant requires a fair amount of money, and it is a surgical process; therefore, it is necessary to know whether a hair transplant will provide a permanent solution to your hair loss or not? Or is it feasible for you or not?
The hair transplantation performed by an expert or experienced team of surgeons and dermatologists, followed by proper aftercare, can last for a lifetime. This is what we call as the best hair transplant service.
But it is also a fact; many other factors play a vital role in hair transplantation success.
The results may vary from person to person. No treatment can guarantee a permanent solution for hair loss. You may experience hair loss in the future, depending upon the characteristics of your natural hair.
READ - Facts about Men's hair loss
Does even the best hair transplant cause Side side effects?
As per the reports published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine under the title of Complications in Hair Transplantation, hair transplant is a relatively safe surgery with very few complications.
Most of these complications are avoidable and can be cured by a proper surgical technique and aftercare of wounds.
Here are the most common side effects which you can experience after hair transplantation:
• Some people may experience loss sensation around surgical sites.
• You can experience temporary scabbing where the hair was transplanted.
• Crust or pus drainage around the surgical sites.
• You can also feel scalp pain, itching, and swelling.
• And the most important, you can lose hair if your hair is still balding.
Related - Does creatine cause hair loss?
How Much Does It Cost For Hair Transplantation?
While searching for something best, it may cost higher. The same implies with the best hair transplants. The cost of hair transplantation is the major concern for the people who are willing for hair transplants.
The cost of hair transplantation depends on various factors, but the most important three factors which are considered in deciding the cost of hair transplant are: –
• The cost of hair transplantation mainly depends on the amount of hair you’re willing to transplant.
• Skills and Experience of a Surgeon, who will conduct hair transplantation.
• The facilities provided by the clinic during transplantation and aftercare of wounds.
So, it is very tough to give a candid amount you need to spend on hair transplants. But it generally ranges from $4,000 to $25,000 depending upon the factors mentioned above.
7 Important Facts About Hair Transplantation
- Hair transplantation is not a preventive method to cure hair fall. It’s a treatment used for men who have experienced enough hair loss to affect their appearance.
- Hair transplants cannot prevent the progression of genetic hair loss.
- An early transplant isn’t necessary to be effective, except to address specific cosmetic concerns.
- The success rate is not 100%.
- It doesn’t guarantee no hair fall in the future.
- Hair transplants are not cheap.
- Only you can be your hair donor.
Getting hair transplantation is not like trying a new hair growth shampoo or oil. It is a medical procedure that involves surgery.
Before heading towards hair transplantation, you should know its limitations and how much money you will need to invest? And the most important, what will you get at the end of the day?
Getting hair transplantation is not the end of your hair loss. Even after the hair transplantation, you need to take care of your hair.
Discuss all these points to your doctor or a transplant surgeon before starting the hair transplant procedure. And always try to get it done from the best hair transplant service offers.
Once you get satisfied with all these concerns, then the only move for best hair transplantation.
If you are not sure about any aspects of hair transplants, take your time to rethink and then decide whether you need to go for a hair transplant or not.