Early prevention of arthritis
Are you here to know about the Early prevention of arthritis? Do you want home remedies for arthritis? Then you are in the right place. Before knowing about arthritis prevention, let’s know what arthritis actually is.
It is a group of painful and degenerative condition marked by inflammation of joints. There are 100 types of arthritis. Osteoarthritis along with rheumatoid arthritis is also known as the commonest arthritis.
Osteoarthritis usually occurs with old age people and affects the fingers, knees, and hips as well. Safety consideration for osteoarthritis is also important during arthritis prevention. Rheumatoid arthritis defines as an auto-immune disorder. It usually affects the hands and feet. However, other types of arthritis include gout, lupus, fibromyalgia, and septic arthritis.
Osteoarthritis affects more than 3.8% of total people while rheumatoid arthritis affects about 0.24% of people in the world. Gout affects about 1-2% of the western population. The disease becomes more common with age.
Arthritis is a common reason that people miss work while it also results in decreased quality of life. So prevention of arthritis plays an important role to maintain the quality of life.
In this post we have discussed about the prevention of arthritis, sign and symptoms of arthritis, causes of arthritis, and arthritis treatment.
Sign and symptoms of arthritis
- Joint pain
- Tenderness in the joints
- Joint warmth
- Redness appears near the joints
- Joint swelling
- Joint stiffness
- loss of joint range motion
Fast fact on arthritis
- Arthritis refers to around 200 disease rheumatics diseases as well as conditions that affect the joints, including lupus and rheumatoid arthritis as well. so prevention of arthritis is really important.
- It can cause a range of symptoms and impair a person to perform an everyday task so arthritis prevention is important to maintain the quality of life.
- Physical activity has a positive effect on arthritis and can improve pain, functions as well as mental health.
- Factors in the development of arthritis include injury, abnormal metabolism, genetic makeup, infections, and immune system dysfunctions.
4 common types of arthritis
osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms of arthritis affecting the millions of people in the world. It occurs when the protective cartilage on the end of our bone wears down overall time.
Furthermore, some symptoms of osteoarthritis are:
- Pain when walking
- Morning stiffness typically lasts less than 30 minutes.
- Deep, aching pain
2. Rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the common types of autoimmune arthritis. It is caused when the immune system of the body is not working properly. Rheumatoid arthritis causes pain and swelling in the wrist. Moreover, it causes swelling of hands and feet too.
Some symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Pain, stiffness in the wrist, hand, elbow, knee, shoulders, feet, jaw, and neck. rheumatoid arthritis consequently affects multiple joints.
- More than one swollen joints.
- Morning stiffness can last for an hour even most of the day.
3. Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis is a type of arthritis that develops in some people with skin conditions. Likewise, it typically causes the joint to be inflamed, stiff and painful.
Some symptoms of psoriatic arthritis are:
Psoriatic arthritis can swell the fingers and toe. People who have it often have fingernails are pitted and discoloured too.
Gout is a form of arthritis caused by excess uric acid in the blood.
Symptoms of gout are:
- Intense joint pain.
- Inflammation and redness
- Hard to move: your joint will be stiff.
Lupus is a long term autoimmune disease in which the body immune system became hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue.
symptoms of lupus are:
- painful, swollen joints
- Sun sensitivity
- Swelling in feet, legs, hands and around the eyes, mouth sores
Causes of arthritis:
you must understand the aetiology of arthritis in order to get more idea on the prevention of arthritis. Possible causes of arthritis may include:
- Injury, leading to degenerative arthritis.
- Abnormal metabolism leading to gout as well as pseudogout.
- Inheritance leading to osteoarthritis.
- Infection such as arthritis of Lyme disease.
- Immune system deficiency such as Rheumatoid arthritis and SLE.
According to Versusarthritis
Treatment of arthritis
In fact, the number of different types of medication treats arthritis.
Analgesic, such as Hydrocodone or acetaminophen are effective for pain management but do not help to decrease inflammation.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen and salicylates helps to control pain and inflammation. Salicylates can thin the blood, so they should be used cautiously with additional blood-thinning medications.
Likewise, menthol or capsaicin cream block the transmission of pain signals from your joints. Immunosuppressants like prednisone or cortisone help to reduce inflammations
Surgery to replace your joints with an artificial one may be one of the options. This form of surgery is commonly performed to replace the knees and hips.
If your arthritis is more severe in your finger and writs, your doctor may perform writs fusion. In this procedure, the end of your bones is locked together until they heal and become one.
Physical therapy including exercises that help to strengthen the muscle around the affected joints is a core treatment of arthritis. Physical therapy plays an important role in preventing arthritis and also for the treatment of arthritis.
Home remedies for arthritis
Can you prevent arthritis? Arthritis is not easily prevented. this doesn’t mean you can’t prevent arthritis. There are some non-modifiable risk factors like family history and gender ( many types of arthritis are more common in women) are out of control.
There are few home remedies for arthritis that are enlisted below which you can practice for early prevention of arthritis.
- Loose weight
- Get more exercises
- Use hot and cold therapy
- Try acupuncture
- Use meditations to cope with pain
- Include right fatty acid in your diet
- Add turmeric to dishes
- Get massage
- Consider herbal supplements
The 10 best food to eat if you have arthritis
These are few healthy foods that can help you with the early prevention of arthritis and also decrease the risk of arthritis.
- Fatty fish
- Olive oil
Osteoarthritis is by far the most common form of arthritis and is a major cause of pain and disability in older people. it is distinguished by focal loss of articular cartilage, subchondral osteosclerosis, osteophyte formation at the joint margin, and remodelling of joint contour with enlargement of affected joints.
Arthritis can’t be prevented but if you take care in the early stage it can be controlled. I hope you some of the healthy tips on early prevention of arthritis works on you.