How to Combat Anxiety With the Help of Online Therapy?
Anxiety is an emotion commonly faced by people on a regular basis. Those suffering from this type of disorder are bound to reach a stage where the emotional and physical symptoms reach inappropriate levels and begin to affect their daily lives, and can get triggered at any moment.
While a mental health professional can be of immense help in managing this condition in such a situation, it is often difficult to find one locally in an emergency, thus making online therapy for anxiety a wonderful alternative with so many excellent therapy sites to choose from, which is mentioned in this best online therapy service.
Additionally, as online therapy makes mental health services more accessible for patients, there is the likelihood of them delaying or eventually dropping out of treatment altogether. Unfortunately, despite such disorders being completely curable, a majority of people do not seek professional help.
This is why accessing help online is far better and cheaper than meeting a therapist in person, apart from the inconvenience of having to travel long distances to reach the counselor’s clinic. On the other hand, seeking help from a comfortable environment, like your home, makes it easier to open up with your therapist on delicate issues.
- Panic disorder
- General anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Separation anxiety disorder
What online therapy is all about?
When you opt for online therapy, you are connected to a licensed, professional, and vetted therapist in a private session room. Not only can you access your therapist by messaging at any time of the day, but you can also schedule weekly appointments over the phone, video, or a live chat session with the therapist.
In case you have worries about the quality of treatment offered only, research has shown that online therapy can be just as effective as therapy done in person, more private, cheaper, and easily accessible.
Since symptoms differ from person to person, so does the treatment. A careful assessment of these online anxiety therapy companies has revealed all the essentials one needs for getting a good online therapist:
BetterHelp: (Best Overall)
- Largest online counseling service in the world
- Over 12,000 licensed therapists
- Counselors available 24×7
Talkspace: ( Best for insurance coverage)
- Collaborates with over 60 health plans to make online anxiety treatment available for everyone.
- All the company’s partners are listed on their website.
Online-Therapy.com: (Best membership plan)
- Offers a range of membership plans, including a free trial of yoga, meditation videos etc
- Paid plans begin at 31.96/week
FaithfulCounseling: ( Best for Christian perspective)
- Online anxiety counseling for those seeking help from professionals having a Christian background.
All licensed therapists also practice Christianity.
Pride counseling: ( best for LGBTQ community)
- The licensed therapists at Pride Counselling provide help 24×7 to the LGBTQ community who are struggling with anxiety and other issues.
TeenCounselling: ( best for Teens)
- Helps teenagers between 13-19 years of age to deal with anxiety related issues.
- Parent’s are not permitted to access the counseling room to ensure the child’s privacy.
Doctor on Demand: ( Best for Non- English speaking people)
- Therapists provide treatment in 35 different languages.
- Sessions are conducted over phone or video chat.
Larkr: ( Best for groups)
- Allows more than one person to join a live session from different devices.
- Best for family counseling
For many people with anxiety, online therapy can be just as effective as traditional in-person therapy, but from our point of view, using a communication tool to access a therapist is no substitute for face-to-face interaction.
Facial expressions and body language play a crucial role in determining the success or failure of the therapy, as it lets the therapist recognize signs that you may not be able to describe in words.