Hyperhidrosis ( excessive sweating) is a common disorder which produces a lot of unhappiness. An estimated 2%-3% of Americans suffer from excessive sweating of the underarm which is also known as axillary hyperhidrosis or of the palms and soles of feet (palmoplantar hyperhidrosis). Underarm problems tend to start at adolescence while palm and sole sweating often begins on earlier around age thirteen ( on average). untreated hyperhidrosis continues throughout life.
Hyperhidrosis can deteriorate the quality of life from a psychological, emotion, and social perspective. serious cases can have serious practical consequences as well, making it hard for people who suffer from it to hold a pen, grip a car steering wheel, shake a hand, or grip a ball. It needs to be treated as soon as possible. so here are possible natural home remedies for the hyperhidrosis.
What causes hyperhidrosis?
Although neurologic, endocrine, infectious, and other systematic disease sometimes causes hyperhidrosis, most cases occur in people who are otherwise healthy. in some people heat and emotion may troiggered hyperhidrosis , but many who suffers from hyperhidrosis sweats nearly all their walking hours, regardless of their mood or the weather.
Home remedies for hyperhidrosis
Here are the top 10 home remedies for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Also consult your doctor for proper diagnosis to rule out the possibility of an underlying condition causing the problem (hyperhidrosis). Try one of these simple, inexpensive method to control or reduce your excessive sweating.
- apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- coconut oil
- black tea
- witch hazel
- aloe vera juice or gell
- practice yoga
- avoid chemically processed foods
1. apple cider vinegar
apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for the hyperhidrosis. due to its astringent properties, apple cider vinegar can be used externally to controll excessive sweating. Also when its taken internally helps to maintain body’s pH level.
How to use it?
- wash the area that sweats the most and use the cotton ball to rub some apple cider vinegar on it. live it overnight. the next morning take bath or shower then apply some talcum powder or deodorant.
- there is another option too. mix 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water.drink it once daily on an empty stomach to combat hyperhidrosis.
2. Baking soda
As baking soda is alkaline, which helps to solve the problem of excessive persperation by helping to balance out the acid in the sweats that encourage bacteria to thrive. Bascially, it lowers the pH level in area of the body that commonly sweat, by counteracting those acids and acting as a natural deodrant by absorbing odors. infacts baking soda works as one of the effective natural deodrant there is.
baking soda has also healing abilities that can treat skin infection, insects bites and inflammation. it neutalizes the strong and unwanted odors.
How to use it ?
- simply you need to combine a half-cup of cornstarch, half cup of baking soda, and 2-3 drops of lavender essentials oil . clean your underarm throughly. and then apply the mixture on them using a slighlty damp cloth. allow it to dry.
- if you’re in a hurry. you can simply put a little baking soda onto your underarms- it will help you to neutralize body odor and battle hyperhidrosis.
3. coconut oil
coconut oil has lauric acid in it, which is used to kill the bacteria that causes the bad odor with excessive sweating. plus sweet fragmance of the oil will help keep you smelling fresh throught the day.
how to use it?
- you can simply massage a little coconut oil gently to the body part that sweats most. you can also make a natural deodorant using coconut oil. here are the tips how can you make deodorant using coconut oil.
- put 3- teaspoons of extra-virgin coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of shea butter in a bowl.
- microwave it the mixture for 1 minute so that mixture melts.
- mix in 3 teaspoons of baking soda, 2 teaspoons of arrowroot powder and few drops of essential oils of your choice.
- store this mixture in a jar and use it mixture as a deodorant to the area which is prone to excessive sweating.
4. Black tea
Black tea contains tannic acid in it which offers both antiperpirant and astringing properties that can help to control excessive sweating. its astringent properties work to constrict the sweat glands that control the flow of sweats to the outer layer of the skin. while other tea can be used, as black tea has the highest level of the tannic acid, it’s most effective home remedies for hyperhidrosis.
How to use it?
- you’ll simply make a tea by placing 2 black tea bags into three cups of just before the boiling temperature water. allow it to steep for 10-15 minutes. dip a clean washcloth or cotton pad into tea and dab tea into underarms.
- you can also use this method for both palm and feet sweating by filling a small basin with four cups of water. place 2 black tea bags into the water, allow it to steep for 10 minutes, and soak either your pams or feet in the water for about 20 minutes when the water cools slightly. repeat it regularly for the best result.
sage is an effective antiperspirant and astringengt. sage is the hearb which help to constrict the sweat glands, thus reducing sweating. plus it is rich in magnesium and vitamin B, which helps to control the activities of the sweat gland.
How to use it?
- you need to add 1 teaspoon of dried sage leaves to 2 cups of water and boil it. let it cool to the room temperature. then use it thoroughly to clean body parts that sweat the most. you need to follow this treatment at least 3 times a day for several days.
- you can also steep 1 teaspoon of sage in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes. add some lemon juice and drink this tea 2-3 times daily.
- also, include this herb in your cooking whenever it is possible.
6. witch Hazel
Another home remedies for hyperhidrosis is witch hazel. This herbs has both antiperspirant and astringent properties that helps shrink the skin pores, thus preventing excessive sweating. plus it have light and pleasant smell which help mask body odor.
how to use it?
- saturate a cotton ball with witch hazel liquid extract dab it on your skin daily.
- another option is to mix 1 tablespoon of witch hazel bark powder with a little water to form a paste. apply this paste to the sweating areas and leave it for 1 hour. Rinse off the paste using cold water. you need to follow this treatment for 1-2 weeks.
7. Aloevera juice or Gel
Alovera offers a soothing, cooling effects, on the skin and also helps to regulate excessive sweating caused by heat. it can aslo adress isues like burn, age spots,fine lines, acne spot, and rosaces.
How to use it?
- simply dip a clean cloth into some aloe vera juice and apply it to affected areas, or dilute natural, cold pressed aloe vera gel with water and apply it.
Lemon is known as ayurvedic home remedies for hyperhidrosis.it work natural deodrant to mask the embrassing odors caused by perspiration.
how to use it?
- add the juice of 1 lemon to a glass of water. soak a washcloth into it and rub all over the body. leave it on for 20-30 minutes then take a bath using only cold water. do this once daily.
- another option is to mix equal parts of lemon juice and baking soda into a smooth paste. use a cotton padding to apply this mixture to the sweating areas. leave it on for twenty minutes, then rinse it off with water. follow this remedy every other day.
Note: Avoid going out immediately after using lemon juice.
9. Practice yoga
while you might associate yoga with sweating, particularly power yoga moves, yoga is one of the best natural way to control excessive sweating which can be also called as best home remedies for hyperhidrosis. The ancient discipline that combines breathing and movement, helps to harmonize your body and correct any imblances. Regular yoga practice is great at inducing an inner calm and emotional stability, which means if your excessive sweating is connected to stress or anxiety, thus practice could help immensly in reducing those occasion when you feel stressed. yoga is quite effective for stimulating digestive system. which is helpful for those that have hyperhidrosis associated with weight problems, a poor diet or food intorelance.
10. Avoid chemically processed foods
As we all know that nearly every health condition is affected by poor diet. if your diet is based on the proceesed foods, all those chemicals compounds and toxins manufactures pit into foods to make them taste better or preserve them are going to trigger more sweating.
check your BMI[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Drink plenty of cold water throughout the day to help regulate your body temperature.
- Bath every day with anti-bacterial soap.
- don’t wear clothes made of nylon or polyester that will trap sweat. instead, wear light, breathable, fabrics like cotton and silk.
- before applying deodorant or antisperant dry yourself completely.
- use underarm liners and shoe inserts to absorb sweats and prevents odor.
- Avoid spicy foods that can increase the amount of sweat you produce.
- Reduce stress which is one of major trigger factor for hyperhidrosis.
- use dry shampoo to control sweats from the scalp.
- cut back on smoking, drinking alcohol, and excessive caffeine consumption as these things can lead to excessive sweating.
- if you are over weight take the necessary step to lose weight.
- avoid eating fast food, processed ready to eat meals, soda or anything containing a high amount of fructose corn syrup.
- eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables that are high in water contents like cucumber.
- Eat food rich in zinc or take zinc supplements.
Sweating is a natural process that helps the body to regulates its temperature. however, if you sweat more than the normal without trigger you may have hyperhidrosis. There is much reason behind this medical condition. There are many home remedies for the hyperhidrosis which is discussed above in the principal article. make sure that you should discuss this problem to your doctor if you experience excessive sweating with chest pain, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath and unexplained weight loss.