Chocolates are one thing that no one can say no to. Everyone has a different preference for the chocolate they like. Some might prefer dark chocolate while some prefer having light chocolate. They are taken as desserts or for refreshments or anytime when one wants to eat them. People crave it, mostly children. There are many chocolate facts and they will leave you amazed by them. Look into the dark chocolate facts too. Here are some fun facts about chocolate that you might not know.
- Chocolate is actually made up of seed; it comes from a fruit tree.
- 400 cocoa beans make one pound of chocolate.
- One cocoa tree can produce 2500 cocoa beans.
- Earlier people even used cocoa as currency.
- Chocolate comes with compounds with over 600 different flavors, while red wine comes only with 200.
- Chocolate milk can really help you relax after an intense workout.
Surprising fun facts about chocolate
Some fun facts about chocolate that you must know.
- July 7 is chocolate day, and it shows the day when chocolate was first brought to Europe.
- White chocolate is not actually chocolate, but it contains parts of cocoa beans like cocoa butter.
- Chocolate is native to central and South America and Mexico.
- The first chocolate used as a treat was not a chocolate bar but a hot chocolate.
- A very long time ago, Spanish people used to use chocolate to spread love throughout the continent.
- Baker’s chocolate is in use for many other purposes rather than baking.
- The title of the discovery of milk chocolate goes to Britain.
Dark chocolate facts
I think most people detest dark chocolate as it might not be palatable to most people. But there are people who are very fond of it too. There are various dark chocolate facts.
Here are some of the dark chocolate facts:
1. Its nutritious
Yes, you heard it right they are nutritious. If you eat dark chocolate, having high cocoa content, it contains fiber, which is soluble, and minerals, too.
2. Contains anti-oxidant
Dark chocolate contains compounds that are organic and are have antioxidant properties.
3. May improve Brain Function
Yes, another dark chocolate fact that is surprising is that dark chocolate might help us improve our brain function. Studies have shown that people eating high content of flavanol cocoa had high blood flow in the brain. It also improved cognitive function in old age people.
What are light chocolates?
Light chocolate is sweeter. It’s made with milk and sugar to dilute cocoa solids. The texture is smoother and creamier than dark chocolate because of the combination of ingredients. It also has a less intense flavor than dark chocolate, which is why it is often in preference by young children.
What you must know
Some interesting fun facts about chocolate:
- Chocolate melt so easily on your tongue, as its melting point is 93°F that is just below your body temperature.
- Making chocolate is tough work; it takes nearly 2-5 days to make a single chocolate bar and maybe a few seconds to consume it.
- Chocolate can harm your cat or dog. Keep some of your friends away from it as well.
- Joseph fry created the first modern chocolate bar. You don’t need to fry cocoa beans to make a chocolate bar.
- The name of chocolate comes from some ancient words that meant “sour” or “bitter”.
- Chocolate bar, not the chocolate tastes sweet.
- Switzerland is the country that eats chocolate the most.
- Chocolate is a vegetable
Health benefits of chocolates
Here are some health benefits from consuming chocolates:
- It helps to lower blood pressure and improves blood flow
- May help to prevent heart related disease
- It protects the skin from sun radiation
- Its rich in nutrients
- It helps to improve brain functions
- It’s a powerful source of antioxidants
- It protects LDL from oxidation and raises HDL
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- It aids fetal growth and developments during pregnancy
- Helps to ward off depression
- It helps to reduce stress
Some negative effects of chocolates
- It leads to an increase in weight gain
- Its increase the sugar level, which is not good for someone with diabetes
- You may experience an increase in migraine
- It can lead to getting kidney stones
There is a lot of evidence that cocoa has a lot of health benefits, especially in heart disease prevention. I believe this article’s fun facts about chocolate have really pointed out some important benefits of chocolate.
Of course, this does not imply that you should eat a lot of chocolate every day. It’s still high in calories and simple to consume too much of.
After dinner, have a square or two and try to savor them. Consider creating hot cocoa with no cream or sugar if you want the advantages of cocoa without the calories of chocolate.
1. Where does chocolate come from?
Chocolates come from the fruit of cacao trees. The trees can be found in Central and South America. The fruits also called pods have 40 Cacao beans and they are dried and roasted.
2. Who invented chocolate?
Chocolate was enjoyed as a beverage as it was used along with milk drinks. One of the earliest civilizations Olmec were the first to make chocolate from cacao. The first chocolate bar was made by J.S. Fry and Sons who were British chocolatiers.
3. What is chocolate made of?
Chocolate is mainly made of Chocolate liquor, Cacao butter, and sugar
4. What is chocolate liquor?
Chocolate liquor is the semi-solid or solid mass of pure cacao. It is made after the cacao is dried, fermented, roasted, and gets separated from the skin.