Chocolates are one of the things that no one can say no to. Everyone has a different preference for the chocolate they like. Some might prefer dark chocolate while some prefer having light chocolate. They are taken as desserts or for refreshments or anytime when one wants to eat them. People crave for it mostly children. There are many chocolate facts and they will leave you amazed by them. Look into the dark chocolate facts too.
Here are some fun facts about chocolate that you might not know.
- Chocolate is actually made up of seed; it comes from a fruit tree.
- 400 cocoa beans make one pound of chocolate.
- One cocoa tree can produce as many as 2500 cocoa beans.
- Earlier people even used cocoa as currency.
- Chocolate comes with compounds with more than 600 different flavors while red wine comes only with 200.
- Chocolate milk can really help you relax after an intense workout.
Surprising fun facts about chocolate
Some fun facts about chocolate that you must know.
- July 7 is chocolate day and it indicates the day when chocolate was first brought to Europe.
- White chocolate is not actually chocolate but it contains parts of cocoa beans like cocoa butter.
- Chocolate is native to central and South America as well as Mexico.
- The first chocolate used as a treat was not a chocolate bar but a hot chocolate.
- A very long time ago Spanish people used to use chocolate to spread love throughout the continent.
- Baker’s chocolate is used in many other purposes rather than baking.
- The title of the discovery of milk chocolate goes to Britain.
Also read: Benefits of chocolate for health
Dark chocolate facts
I think most of the people detest dark chocolate as they might not be palatable to most of the people. But there are people who are very fond of it too. There are various dark chocolate facts.
Here are some of the dark chocolate facts:
1. Its nutritious
Yes you heard it right they are nutritious. If you eat dark chocolate having high cocoa content it contains fiber which are soluble and minerals too
2. Contains anti-oxidant
The dark chocolate contains compounds which are organic and are said to have antioxidant properties.
3. May improve Brain Function
Yes, another dark chocolate fact that is surprising is that dark chocolate might help us to improve our brain function. Studies have shown that people eating high content of flavanol cocoa had high blood flow in the brain. It also improved cognitive function in old age people.
What you must know
Some interesting fun facts about chocolate.
- Chocolate melt so easily on your tongue as its melting point is 93°F that is just below your body temperature.
- Making chocolate is tough work; it takes nearly 2-5 days to make a single chocolate bar and maybe a few seconds to consume it.
- Chocolate can harm your cat or dog. Keep some of your friends away from it as well.
- Joseph fry created the first modern chocolate bar but still, you don’t need to fry cocoa beans to make a chocolate bar.
- The name of chocolate comes from some ancient words that meant “sour” or “ bitter”.
- Chocolate bar, not the chocolate tastes sweet.
- Switzerland is the country that eats chocolate the most.