There is a responsibility of a midwife to manage complex situations working alongside obstetrics and pediatrics colleagues. They must have detailed knowledge about high-risk pregnancy and birth situations. This book, Oxford handbook of midwifery, offers complete guidance about the role of a midwife and rewarding work of midwifery.
This book explains normal labor and birth, complicated labor, postnatal care, and family planning. In addition, this book also includes references to explore further reading material for the readers. This book is user-friendly, with detailed text elaboration and clear headings. Moreover, this book is available in pocket size with sturdy plastic covers for easy portability.
From the learning aspects
This book provides a complete picture of the role of the midwife in clinical practice. In addition, this book helps students, practitioner midwives, educators, and anyone who needs to know the work of midwifery. Moreover, this book presents an expert thought of practicing midwives and subject experts. In this way, this book provides detailed information about the role of midwives.
Senior midwifery lecturer at the Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Retired senior midwifery lecturer at Sheffield Hallam university
- Also a research midwife at chesterfield royal hospital, NHS foundation trust, UK
- Retired senior midwifery lecturer and also a supervisor of midwives at University of Sheffield
- She is also a clinical nurse specialist.
- Contraception, sexual health, and independent prescriber at Derbyshire community health service NHS foundation trust, UK
- Independent researcher and also a lecturer of infant feeding at formerly of University of Sheffield, UK
- Senior midwifery lecturer at Sheffield Hallam university
- Supervisor of midwives and also a Consultant midwife for normality at Barnsley NHS foundation trust, UK
Clinical aspects of Oxford handbook of midwifery
This book describes all the clinical aspects of a midwife. In addition, this book also highlights a comprehensive and logical approach to midwifery practice in different clinical settings. Moreover, the new edition reflects recent advancements in the midwifery practice to update the information. Let us explain the clinical characteristics of this book.
This book explains the details of a mother’s journey through conception, pregnancy, and birth to the postnatal period. In addition, this book covers all topics of antenatal care, labor, postnatal care, and infant feeding. Moreover, this book covers the vast majority of the complex situations encountered in midwifery practice. In this way, this book covers all the valuable topics of midwifery practice.
This book provides all the information regarding type assistance to participate in complex care settings with confidence. In addition, this book also works on improving clinical skills. Moreover, this book will help you achieve the best possible outcomes for your patient.
This book also includes information that is rarely available in standard midwifery texts. In addition, this book also provides information about sexual health, complementary therapies, common blood values, and investigations. Moreover, this book also describes midwifery emergencies to treat all the conditions in a better way.
This book also provides references and recommendations for the midwifery practice. In addition, this book also provides expert thoughts from the authors’ many years of experience. In this way, this book also offers sources to explore more information about midwifery.
Changes delivered in the recent edition of Oxford handbook of midwifery
The latest (3rd) edition of this book describes all yeh essential features of midwifery practice. In addition, this book explains the latest innovations in the field of midwifery. Moreover, this book also helps to improve the clinical practice of midwives. Let us have a view of these features to understand the details of this book.
- Updated guidelines with appropriate references and resources
- Best-selling edition with a concise and understanding approach to the clinical practice of midwifery
- Pocket sizes with sturdy plastic covers make it convenient for readers.
- Easily readable style with clear main headings and key points highlighted with bullets
- Structured systematically for quick revision and ensuring relevant information at your fingertips
- This book also explains normal to low-risk care to mothers and neonates.
- This book also describes sexual health, antenatal care, and health advice during pregnancy.
- This book also highlights the need for social support for the mother during this period of pregnancy.
- It also describes the maternal and fetal emergencies during pregnancy, labor, and postnatally with their proper management.
- This book also covers pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions to relieve pain during labor.
- This book also highlights the management of malpositions and misrepresentations during complicated labor.
- It also explains the proper protocols for the immediate care of the newborn.
- This book also covers the topics of breastfeeding and artificial feeding.
- This book is also available in pdf format. You can avail this opportunity easily without any expenses.
Content details of Oxford handbook of midwifery
This book covers all the important topics of midwifery practice. In addition, this book also covers the latest advancement in the clinical field of midwifery, including innovations in antenatal care, labor, and breastfeeding. Moreover, this book also helps to manage complicated conditions during midwifery practice.
This book also covers a variety of clinical situations that help to manage different complicated conditions. Moreover, this book covers detailed information related to the normal versus low-risk care of the mother and newborn. These all aspects assist these midwives to participate in difficult cases with confidence.
This book is divided into seven main sections, consisting of all important details related to midwifery. These sections include references, resources, and guidance from experts in this field. This book includes clear headings with highlighted bullet points for easy understanding. Let us have a look at the content details of this book.
- Normal labor
- Complicated labor
- Postnatal care
- Care of the newborn
|Book name:||Oxford handbook of midwifery|
|Author:||Janet Medforth Sue Battersby Sara Stables Linda Ball Angela Walker|
|Book volume:||768 pages|
This book provides a detailed review of the midwifery practice and associated emergency conditions. In addition, this book also provides the management protocol for different emergency conditions and labor pain. Moreover, this book also helps to memorize all details quickly without any difficulty.
This book is best for students, midwives, and practicing specialists. You can easily avail the pdf format of this book for a detailed review of this book.