Embryology is the most complex subject because it is tough to remember all the phases occurring in the development and growth of a human being. The human development phase following the growth phase is the most important thing to remember sequentially. For most of the students, it becomes a bit tough to memorize all the details in their long-term memory.
There is a solution for the problems of students in the form of Larsen’s human embryology, which explains all the developmental and growth changes in a straightforward way. No worries left for the medical student to clear the ambiguities regarding embryology kind of hectic subject.
Gary C. Schoenwolf
Ph.D., University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
Steven B. Bleyl
MD, Ph.D., University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
Philip R. Brauer
Ph.D., Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska
Philippa H. Francis-West
Ph.D., King’s College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
Learning aspects of Larsen’s human embryology
There are many points to consider while studying this book. It delivers a very straightforward experience with easy descriptive details. Let’s focus on the key points:
- This book describes all the clinical scenarios and defects related to human embryo development and growth and also provides the proper diagnosis and treatment plan for such defects.
- Every chapter starts with an appropriate glimpse of an overview related to the main keyword with a graphical illustration. In addition, it also highlights the important terms in a bold type at the start.
- This book correlates the anatomy, histology with their cellular and molecular mechanisms. In addition, it targets both the normal development and also the congenital anomalies inducing during the development phase.
- Enhanced eBook edition, which includes several animations, multiple figures, multiple-choice questions, and references from the book available on any electronic platform, is a newly incorporated feature in the latest edition.
Features of Larsen’s human embryology
Let’s describe the features of this Larsen’s human embryology to know better about this book. These features will surely provide clarity regarding the concepts of human development and growth period.
Easy to memorize
This is a very positive point of view from the perspective of students as there are summary boxes available to memorize all the details in no time. In addition, a complete overview at the start of the chapter also helps to understand all the events happening in human development. All weeks of human development and growth are described sequentially to understand in a better way.
This book also offers a diagrammatic explanation of all the events happening to provide a visual memory to the students. Visual memory is quite helpful in memorizing the text details of the book.
All the details and images are accessible to the students via the student consult. There are multiple animations and images too to visualize all the complex concepts.
Changes in the latest edition (6th)
Several changes tend to occur over time. Multiple experiments reveal advancements in the field of medical studies. Every latest edition follows the most recent research work and information. Some of the changes in the latest edition are as follows:
- Provides additional information about development mechanisms and research approaches to understand its concept in a better way.
- It covers all the information that may help medical students for their board exams and clinical practice.
- It also provides data about genetic engineering via CRISPR technology, organoids and the study of human abnormalities, transcription factors and signaling pathways, and single-cell sequencing.
- It describes the congenital anomalies regarding the human development phase and thus helps in clinical examination.
- It is also available in eBook form to make the book accessible for the students at any time or any place.
Other important key points of Larsen’s human embryology
There are many other points except the above explained fundamental changes in the latest edition. To know further about this human embryology book, let’s have a deeper review of its other improved benefits.
This book provides access to the user on any online platform with the help of student consult. You can go through all the details on any of your online media.
This embryology book reflects the most recent innovations in the field of molecular biology and genetics. In addition, it covers both the clinical and molecular aspects of human embryology.
Larsen’s human embryology book mainly focuses on the major details of the human development stages related to their week. In addition, it also describes the histological, biological, and molecular aspects of normal and congenital human development.
This book offers a revision in a very short duration. There are comprehensive summaries and details available at the start and end of every chapter with bold key terms. This kind of methodology is user-friendly, as you can revise all the details and concepts easily. Students find this thing quite understanding as it assists the students during their board exams, research purposes, and clinical practice.
Content details of Larsen’s human embryology
The name of the book denotes the proper details of the content. It includes all the basic concepts of human embryology. In addition, it explains all the stages of human development and growth in correlation with their week. This book illustrates the main overview of the whole chapter at the start and then explains the further aspects of that main topic.
There are stages of embryo formation with every passing week in the development phase of human beings. Once the embryo development completes, which includes the formation of various organs and organoids, the growth phase begins.
|Book name:||Larsen’s human embryology|
|Author:||Gary C. Schoenwolf Steven B. Bleyl Philip R. Brauer Philippa H. Francis-West|
|eBook:||Available with video animations|
Larsen’s human embryology is very evident in clearing concepts of the students regarding the human development phase. It provides all the basic details of human embryology like development and growth. In addition, it also correlates all the histological, molecular, and biological aspects to clear concepts related to human embryology.