In this article, we will provide you with Katzung Pharmacology PDF for download and a small overview of this book so you can understand what this book is really offering you.
Overview of Katzung Pharmacology 13th Edition
This is originally known as the pharmacology examination and the board review of Katzung & Trevor, but is generally referred to as the Pharmacology Review of Katzung. In most medical schools worldwide it is the most widely-used pharmacologic review text.
The Katzung Pharmacology analysis is intended to assist students in evaluating pharmacology and planning for both daily training exams and board exams.
It is so structured that every regular medical pharmacology text can be complemented easily.
The majority Chapters in the Examined of Pharmacology and the Board of Review in the Katzung & Trevor chapter conclude with the summary table listing the main drugs and providing crucial information on their action mechanisms, effects, clinical application, pharmacokinetics, interactions between drugs and toxicities
Three scholars have written the Book Katzung Pharmacology Review;
- Anthony J. Trevor, PhD. TheUniversity of San Francisco, professor of pharmacology and toxicology.
- Professor of pharmacology, Bertram G. Katzung and MD. Ph.D.
- Marieke KruideringHall, PhD, Associate Chair of Professors and Researchers, Cellular and Molecular University of Pharmacology, San Francisco.
Table of Content
The book is divided into 10 sections and about 61 chapters. Here are the chapters:
Part I: Values for the basics
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Drug rehabilitation
- Section 3: Drug kinetics
- Section 4: Metabolism of Drugs
- Section 5: Drug Genetics
Part II: Autonomic Drugs.
- Section 6: Autonomous Pharmacology Introduction
- Section 7: Drugs to activate the cholinoceptor and to prevent cholinesterase
- Section 8: Blockers and Cholinesterase Regenerators of Cholinoceptor
- Section 9: Friendship
- Section 10: Blockers of Adrenoceptor
Part III: Massive cardiovascular drugs
- Section 11: Hypertension
- Section 12: Medications in Angina Pectoris Treatment
- Section 13: Heart failure drugs
- Section 14: Medications to treat arrhythmia
- Section 15: Diuretics & Additional Drugs The Kidney Act
Part IV: Smooth Muscle Behavior on drugs.
- Section 16 Histamine, Serotonin and Ergot alkaloids
- Section 17: Vasoactive peptides
- Section 18: Characters and Eicosanoids
- Section 19: Donor and inhibitor of nitric oxides
- Section 20: Medications for asthma & persistent pulmonary obstruction
Part V: Drugs that Function in the Central Nervous System Framework
- Section 21: CNS Pharmacology Introduction
- Section 22: Hypnotic Sedative Medicines
- Section 23: Alcoholic drinks
- Section 24: Drugs to Ant seize
- Section 25: Anesthetics in general
- Section 26: Local Anesthetics
- Section 27: Relaxing Skeleton Muscle.
- Section 28: Medications for Parkinsonism & Other Disorders of Movement
- Section 29: Antifungal and lithium Antifungals
- Section 30: Antidepressants
- Section 31: Antagonist & opioid analgesics
- Section 32: Misuse of pharmaceutical goods
Part VI: Drugs with Important Actions on Blood, Inflammation, & gout
- Section 33: Agents used in Cytopenias;
- Section 34: Drugs used in clotting disorders
- Section 35: Dyslipidemic agents
- Section 36: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acetaminophen and Medicines
Part VII: Drugs Endocrines.
- Section 37: Hypothalamic & Hypophysical Hormones
- Section 38: Thyroid and Antithyroid Drugs
- Section 39: Steroids and Antagonists
- Section 40: Hormones and Inhibitors of Gonads
- Section 41: Antidiabetic Hormones & Glucagon Section 41:
- Section 42: Drugs that influence the homeostasis of bone minerals
Part VIII: Chemotherapeutic Drugs
- Section 43: Antibiotic beta-lactam & Other Synthesis Inhibitors for Cell Wall
- Section 44: Clindamycin, Streptogramins, & Linezolids, Tetracyclines, Macrolides
- Section 45: Aminoglycosides
- Section 46: Trimethoprim, Sulfonamides and Fluorocinolones.
- Section 47: Antifungal drugs
- Section 48: Antimycotics Agents
- Section 49: Chemotherapy and Prophylaxis Antivirals
- Section 50: Miscellaneous Urinary Antiseptics & Antimicrobial Agents
- Section 51: Antimicrobial clinical use
- Section 52: Drugs targeting protozoa
- Section 53: The Antihelminthic Medicines
- Section 54: Chemotherapy for Cancer
- Section 55: Immunopharmaceuticals
Part IX: Toxicology
- Section 56: Occupational Toxicology and Environmental
- Section 57: Heavy Metals
- Section 58: Poisoned Patient Handling
Part X: TOPICS Exceptional
- Section 59: Gastrointestinal disorders drugs
- Section 60: Nutritional and Herbal Supplements
- Section 61: Interactions between Drugs
- Assess Performance Enhancement Methods: Appendix I
- Appendix II: Main Terms for main drug applications
We hope this brief overview was found useful and we hope every student/person who finds this link the best of luck in all of his future endeavors. Katzung Pharmacology pdf is a very educational book and I recommend it to every single one of you who are interested in Pharmacology!
Here is the download link to Katzung Pharmacology pdf: