The prestigious award for the best ‘Sunflower book,’ now in its sixth edition, encompasses the whole undergraduate coursework in infants and children and adolescent wellbeing.
Abundant color photos, graphs, and literature reviews make concepts more approachable, and essential features and overview bars make revision easier.
This is what has rendered the product a great favorite among medical undergraduates and interns preparing for clinical setting specialized tests in the United Kingdom and abroad.
The chapters on systems have been completely updated, and the sections on ethics, substantial proof healthcare, and developmental pediatrics have been enlarged.
Characteristics of Illustrated textbook of pediatrics.
- To aid learners, the book is heavily filled with numerous color photos and illustrations. Also, it makes studying easier by employing an instructional format and including various drawings and flow charts, and by incorporating pictures or visuals to aid in the identification of key symptoms or medical science
- Literature reviews are used to describe essential or difficult clinical issues.
- There are important instructional elements and case reports experiences to enhance the subject matter to extremely fascinating and unforgettable.
- The writers choose the best therapeutically important data as core academic objectives.
- Overview columns are included to enable review, as well as relevant information that is being presented to facilitate alteration.
- They have 608 pages in their textbook.
- The date of publication is 05-07-2021.
Content of latest edition of Illustrated textbook of pediatrics.
- Pediatrics and Child Health
- History and Examination
- Normal Child Development, Hearing and Vision
- Developmental Problems and the Child with Special Needs
- Care of the Sick Child and Young Person
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Accidents and Poisoning
- Child Protection
- Perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Medicine
- Growth and Puberty
- Infection and Immunity
- Respiratory Disorders
- Cardiac Disorders
- Kidney and Urinary Tract Disorders
- Genital Disorders
- Liver Disorders
- Malignant Disease
- Hematological Disorders
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Dermatological Disorders
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Adolescent Medicine
- Global Child Health
Tom Lissauer, MB, BChir, FRCPCH, Honorary Consultant Paediatrician, Imperial College Healthcare Trust, London, UK, and Will Carroll, MD MRCP MRCPCH Bm BCh BA MA(Oxon), Clinical and Academic Lead & Consultant Paediatrician, University Hospital of the North Midlands Newcastle Road Stoke-on-Trent UK, updated this same book.
The benefit of the latest updated Illustrated textbook of pediatrics over the previous edition
- Health knowledge for students has improved massively over the previous two decades. The quantity of information and experience in all specializations has increased.
- The younger doctor is overloaded with a huge volume of knowledge. What matters and what doesn’t? What are the requirements for treatment outcomes?
- Most students have a hard time comprehending English. Utilizing simple vocabulary, captivating illustrations, and a bright design, this textbook works as an interface with both theories and comprehension.
- It concentrates on answering the questions “how and why?” for the younger students.
- To enhance the quality of education and review, there are summary boxes.
- To aid learners, more graphics and images have been added.
- Updating the textbook current and relevant and improving on current topics including immunizations, obesity, child protection, ethics, and children’s development medical treatments
- The textbook covers the material needed by most undergraduate college and university pediatrics and health promotion courses, as well as the Medical Licensing Assessment (MLA) in the United Kingdom.
- It also encompasses a wider percentage of the materials necessary to study for postgraduate exams like the Diploma of Child Health (DCH) and Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPCH)
Some editions of the book
The Illustrated Textbook of Pediatrics offers comprehensive, scientific proof guidelines for evaluating and treating a baby’s medical conditions. This revised edition is divided into 23 chapters and contains up-to-date data on a range of pediatric diseases.
Malnourishment, diarrhoeal illnesses, pneumonia, lactation, and other pediatric issues are covered in the textbook. Infectious disorders such as tuberculosis, typhoid, dengue fever, and malaria, newborn difficulties such as premature birth, neonatal sepsis, and birth asphyxia, and public pediatrics, such as effective control of pediatric illness (IMCI).
The origins of various renal illnesses, the biochemical pathophysiology of hereditary kidney impairment, and pediatric urology have all been thoroughly discussed in the nephrology section. Diagnostic methods are also covered in-depth, with a focus on central nervous, cardiovascular, and newborn examinations.
The Illustrated Textbook of Pediatrics has all the knowledge a doctor needs to accurately diagnose numerous disorders in pediatric patients, and it is conveyed simply and appropriately with medical illustrations, flowcharts, and algorithms everywhere.
Points to Remember There are almost 1400 photos, drawings, and tables in this book. Complete and up-to-date information that is easy to read and covers a wide variety of illnesses.
Fourth edition Recipient of the first trophy in the pediatrics category at the 2012 British Medical Association book championships!
This is the fourth edition of a strongly regarded “must include guidebook for medicine students studying pediatrics.”
The previous version was converted into eight languages and was named the outstanding pediatrics textbook by the British Medical Association and the Royal Society of Medicine.
The following are some of the features:
- Color-coded design for ease of accessibility
- Authoritative and detailed
- A new section on child protection has been included.
- A new chapter on worldwide pediatrics has been included.
- Over fifty additional photos have been added.
- All through the book, there are literature reviews.
- StudentConsult offers internet availability.
- Medically oriented, straightforward, and comprehensive
- Overall, the book has been comprehensively rewritten and revised.
Fifth updated version.
The fifth edition of this award-winning book has been extensively rewritten and reviewed while retaining the high quality of illustrations Its popularity among medical undergraduates and interns preparing for clinical settings specialty exams is due to its simplicity and convenience.
Throughout its existence, the Illustrated Textbook of Paediatrics has already been transcribed into eight languages.
- Specific instance studies are a type of case study that is used
- Boxes with summaries
- Health educational suggestions
- With hundreds of color photographs, this book is extremely well illustrated.
- Clinical presentation, diagnostics, treatments, prediction, and, where necessary, avoidance were all used to explain disorders.
- For mobility and easy referencing on the go, it emerges with just an e-book.
There are different sections on
- Children’s safety
- Endocrinology and diabetes
- Metabolism Errors that are Inherited
- A new chapter on global child health has been added.
The illustrated pediatrics textbook is updated regularly to provide students with the most up-to-date knowledge while retaining the basic concept and purpose.
It is simple, accurate, and brief, and it can achieve the intended result. It involves the movement of understanding and ideas in such a way that learners may conveniently, clearly, and rapidly absorb them.