Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
In this post, we are going to overview Davis’s drug guide for nurses 16th edition. Hence, it gives guidance to the nurses. To sum up, this book had become the basics of every nursing student. Moreover, it provides up-to-date enlightenment towards nursing with the regular update to ensure the latest drug. Therefore, it fulfills all the criteria of the medication.
The book had designed to provide a detailed guide for the nurses to provide premium care to their patients. Therefore, the guide focuses on practical information so you can administer the patient efficiently. Furthermore, the book authors are April Hazard Vallerand and Cynthia A, Sanoski.
Highlights of Davis’s drug guide for nurses 16th edition
- The evidence-based concept has included in the guide book.
- Moreover, it contains trade and genes name of herbal or natural products.
- So, davis’s drug guide for nurses 16th edition embraces 5000 generic drug names.
- Hence, it is a powerful resource that contains all the information from dosing to patients’ interaction.
- Further, Davis emphasis on practical guidance on patient safety and high alert notices so that you can handle your patient efficiently.
- Correspondingly, it includes integrated calculators for calculating the drug dosage and link directly to the drug graph. Hence, it has been introducing to use it on your mobile devices.
- Furthermore, it includes automatic updates to keep in the pace of the.
- Cross-referencing for all the drug have also included.
- The book is FDA-approved.
- Moreover, it is life-saving guidance at a glance.
- Hence, Life-threatening side effects had given with the red capitalized font.
- Specifically, the book guide contains Canadian content.
- REMS and pharmacogenomics content icons had included in the Nurse’s guide book.
- Notes had also included for making custom notes.
- Seventeen thousand monographs have also been introducing in this edition.
- Universal index searches are including to find medication quickly.
Contents of Davis’s drug guide for nurses 16th edition
The book contains ninety-five topics also including appendices. So, the topics have explained below.
How to use Davis’s drug guide for nurses?
It contains all the detail to access Davis’s drug guide for nurses- 16th edition. From the table of content to the tabs of the book. Moreover, it contains information on the uses of an integrated drug dosage calculator.
Evidence-based practices and pharmaceutics
Within this topic, evidence-based practices and pharmaceutics had introduced to the nurses. Thus, this topic contains unique and lucid information on the implication of nurses.
Pharmacology is the study of drug and their response. On the other hand, genomics deals with the whole genomes of organisms. Thus, Pharmacogenomics is the combination of both pharmacology and genomics. Further, it deals with the role of the genome in the response of the drugs.
Medications are the error that occurs in the medication of the patients. Therefore, the most common medication error is the inappropriate drug dosage. This topic enlightens all the error that occurs in patient’s medication with their solving techniques.
Detecting and managing the adverse drug reaction
Due to the inappropriate drug dosage, an adverse reaction can occur. Hence, to avoid all those faults in medication, the detecting and managing techniques had given in Devis’s drug guide for nurses-16th edition.
Overview of REMS
REMS stands for risk evaluation and mitigation system. Therefore, it is the program for drug safety that had been requiring for the US FDA needs.
The above topic includes the study of the medication for the children and infants care. Thus, this revolves around the proper consultation required for the children’s treatment.
In comparison to pediatrics, Geriatric is the medical care provides to older adults or aged patients. This topic carries the consultation related to geriatric patients.
The disease that relates to the kidney has called renal disease. Thus, chronic kidney disease is chronic renal disease. Hence, renal is the term that means related to the kidney.
The liver is the organ that detoxifies the human’s blood. It is a delicate part. Hence, it needs proper medication in the case of liver disease. Thus, the book provides every single medication information for the liver disease patient.
When the heartbeat becomes fails to work, that has called heart failure. Thus, when a patient with heart failure came to the hospital, nurses have to provide an emergency pretreatment to save his life. Correspondingly, the book describes all the emergency treatments that will give in the case of heart failure.
In this topic, a student will know about the vitamins to give in medical care. Vitamins also boost the immune system. Hence, nurses have to understand the need for different vitamins to give to the relative disease patient.
|Book Name:||Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses|
|Author:||Judith H. Deglin|
|File Size:||145.9 MB|
Conclusion of Davis’s drug guide for nurses 16th edition
In brief, after overviewing the book, we have concluded that the book beneficial for the nursing student. Moreover, its illustration makes it different from any other book. On the whole, it has been the best book in over a decade.