General Ophthalmology serves as an important part of your syllabus if you are a medical college student, in this case, General Ophthalmology is equally important for ophthalmology residents, or ophthalmologists who are practicing, nurses, and optometrists. You must be seeing other people in the medical and surgical procedures needing General Ophthalmology books.If you are one of these healthcare-related individuals then you must have read Vaughan Ophthalmology.
In a more specific manner, you will see this auspicious book available by the name of “Vaughan & Asbury’s General Ophthalmology”. Up till now nineteen different editions of Vaughan Ophthalmology came on the market.
Well, you must be curious about the selection of Vaughan Ophthalmology. Because there are several ophthalmology books available. However, Vaughan Ophthalmology is a promising choice in terms of its concise nature. Also, the different editions of this book are a reflection of the updating of the knowledge.
Do you want to know more about Vaughan Ophthalmology? Let us throw light on the latest edition of Vaughan & Asbury’s General Ophthalmology. So, that you can have an understanding of the fact that, why you need this book for learning and updating your knowledge.
Let’s get started!
Why Should You Go for Vaughan Ophthalmology?
McGraw-Hill Education has published the nineteenth edition of Vaughan Ophthalmology by the name of Vaughan & Asbury’s General Ophthalmology, 19th Edition. In this regard, the book editors, i.e. Paul Riordan-Eva and Emmett T. Cunningham, did special efforts to provide you with the best possible knowledge. Their efforts in producing the nineteenth edition of Vaughan Ophthalmology are truly appreciable. The date of publication of this book is 27th October, 20217.
Opting for the nineteenth edition of Vaughan Ophthalmology as your textbook for General Ophthalmology will enhance your knowledge. Also, you will be able to memorize things in more logical and conceptual knowledge. If you are a healthcare professional other than a medical student, then you can use this book for updating your knowledge. You will see the profound impact of Vaughan Ophthalmology on your clinical practice improvement.
Coverage of the Vaughan & Asbury’s General Ophthalmology
Vaughan Ophthalmology has been serving the field of medicine and health sciences for more than six decades. Thanks to the respected editors of this book who have closely considered the audience of the book. And thus, according to their needs, they have been updating, revising, and frequently revamping the Vaughan Ophthalmology.
Though the coverage of the Vaughan Ophthalmology is very vast. And Editors have not missed in topics. However, the major emphasis has been laid upon the cornea, retina, orbit, neuro-ophthalmology, immunologic diseases of the eye, causes and prevention of vision loss, and Lasers in Ophthalmology.
The Excellence of Asbury’s General Ophthalmology
The Nineteenth Edition of Vaughan Ophthalmology is the true example of excellence. And perhaps, that is the reason, we suggest you go for this exclusive edition. You will love the presentation of the book in different attractive colors. Also, the authors have increased the number of photos for making things easier for you to understand.
In simple words, the vibrant colors will catch your attention every time you open this book. And thus, it will be easier to memorize the knowledge with additional pictures. The Nineteenth Edition of Vaughan & Asbury’s General Ophthalmology has specifically included certain topics. For example, they include:
- Fundamentals of the pathophysiology
- Basic sciences
- Advanced clinical perspectives
The Crux of the Nineteenth Edition of Vaughan Ophthalmology
Well, now you may be looking for the most authoritative features of the nineteenth edition of Asbury’s General Ophthalmology y. So here we are with the brief description of the package you will get in the form of the latest Vaughan Ophthalmology. They are as following:
This edition has included a total of 25 chapters. These are comprehensive chapters with all the information which you need, and which you must learn to pass your exam of ophthalmology. These chapters are spanning over a range of ophthalmic diseases and the fundamentals of the ophthalmology
The Nineteenth Edition of Vaughan Ophthalmology is the refined version. Because the editors i.e. Paul Riordan-Eva and Emmett T. Cunningham have added the contributions of international experts. And the good news is that these international subject experts are exceeding the number of thirty. Therefore, the quality of Asbury’s General Ophthalmology is speaking for itself.
- You will love the detailed chapter on conducting an ophthalmologic examination
- Also, you will get a complete chapter which is dealing with the pediatric interests
- The authors have especially updated some chapters e.g. lasers in ophthalmology, cornea, vision loss prevention and reasons which cause it, retina, immunologic diseases of the eye.
Chapter Wise Break Down of the Vaughan Ophthalmology
Before making the final purchase, you must want to look at the different chapters present in the nineteenth edition of the Vaughan Ophthalmology. Therefore, we have devised this section to help you in this regard. Here we go with the final chapters included in the Vaughan Ophthalmology!
- Chapter 1 is dealing with the anatomical and embryological aspects of the eye
- Chapter 2 talks about the ophthalmic examination in a comprehensive manner
- In Chapter 3, you will find the facts about the ophthalmic emergencies
- Eyelids and lacrimal apparatus are described in Chapter 4
- Chapter 5 will be giving you a brief understanding of the conjunctiva & tears
- If you want to have an in-depth knowledge of the cornea specifically, then you must consult Chapter 6
- Chapter 7 knows the uveal tract & sclera
- In chapter 8, you will be learning about the lens
- Chapter 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 deals with vitreous, retina, glaucoma, strabismus, orbit, and neuro-ophthalmology, in a respective manner
- Different disorders of the eyes and other systematic ocular disease are covered in chapter 15
- There is also a brief description of the immunologic diseases of the eye. You can find them in Chapter 16
- Chapter 17, 18, 19, and 20 are dealing with the special subjects of pediatric interest, ophthalmic genetics, ophthalmic trauma, and causes and prevention of vision loss, respectively
- Chapter 22, 23, 24, and 25 will give you knowledge of the ophthalmic therapeutics, lasers in ophthalmology, low vision, and vision rehabilitation, respectively
- We hope you must understand now, why we have been calling this book a complete package.
Wrapping Up On
The Nineteenth Edition of Vaughan Ophthalmology is the book you need for covering your ophthalmology exam material. Also, it belongs to your desk if you are an expert in the medical sciences field and need to update your knowledge.
We, hope this book description will help you in gaining an overview of the Nineteenth Edition of Asbury’s General Ophthalmology. We will be glad to address any other questions you have about this book. Please do share with us. Thank you!