Vasudevan biochemistry PDF is the free online accessed textbook for the fundamentals of biochemistry. This textbook depends on the MBBS curriculum keeping the balance between basics and advanced knowledge. It will be very beneficial to those students preparing for the postgraduate entrance examination. Furthermore, it is indebted to the different professionals to compile it into the biochemistry PDF.
Three authors wrote the textbook Vasudevan biochemistry PDF. So, here are their details,
Vasudevan (MBBS, MD, FAMS, FRCPath) is a distinguished professor of the Department of Biochemistry, also the principal of the College of Medicine Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences located in Kerala, India. Moreover, he is dean at Sikkim Mani pal Institute Of Medical Sciences in Gangtok, Sikkim, India.
Sreekumari (MBBS, MD) is the professor and head of the Department of Biochemistry at Sree Gokulam Medical College and Research Foundation at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, India.
Vaidyanathan (MBBS, MD) is the professor and head of the Department of Biochemistry at Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India.
Features of the Vasudevan Biochemistry PDF
- First and foremost, this edition gets up-to-date accordingly to keep pace with the advanced knowledge.
- The advanced clinical studies related to almost all the chapters are the addition to the 7th edition of the book. Furthermore, it helps students to identify the clinical relevance of biochemistry.
- The font size is changed to improve the readability of each topic of the book.
- Further, new chapters added in this edition make it different as compared to the last edition.
- Besides, the book contains small, bold, regular, and finely printed text, thus, improve the readability of the content.
- About 100 case studies add to it. Moreover, the PDF includes 1100 figures, 230 tables, and 200 boxes to illustrate biochemistry topics into one unit to make the book student-friendly.
- Free hand-out attached next to the book contains short notes, MCQs, essay, and viva voce questions, then provide help during exams.
- About 30 percent of content from the previous edition exclude from this edition of the textbook.
Overview of Vasudevan Biochemistry PDF
The Vasudevan biochemistry PDF comprises 763 pages composed of seven sections in alphabetical order. Despite this, the sections split into 60 chapters. It will not only helps students in memory-based learning but also enables teachers to present the topic effectively. It contains appendices and an index section beyond them. So, what’s more, you want in the book.
To move further, we have to know what biochemistry is?. Biochemistry is the branch of science concerned with chemical processes within and relating to living organisms. Further, allowing biological molecules to give rise to the processes occurring in living cells.
The chemical basis of life (Section A)
This section starts from page number 3 and ends on page number 83. This section enables the student to answer the question on the Introduction to biomolecules and the biomedical perspective to medicine, the discovery of subcellular organelles and their mechanism, Amino acids as well as protein structure, properties, and classification, general concepts of enzymes and their kinetics, and chemistry of carbohydrate and lipids.
General Metabolism (Section B)
It is composed of 15 chapters starting from page number 97 while ending on page number 283. The section beholds the defined topic dividing into each chapter. The chapters are around an overview of the metabolism and metabolic pathways for different compounds in our bodies.
Clinical and applied biochemistry (Section C)
This section of Vasudevan biochemistry pdf introduces the field of biochemistry within the different clinical tests. In addition to that, this section holds the chapters about the plasma proteins, acid-base balance, and ph, electrolyte, and water balance, different metabolic diseases, processes used to perform clinical tests. Moreover, it starts from page number 301 and ends on page number 446 with thirteen chapters.
Nutrition (Section D)
Section D has covered seven chapters of the book that starts on page number 463 and ends on page number 633. This section contains different chapters. For instance,
- Vitamins and their types
- Biotransformation of xenobiotics
- Energy metabolism and nutrition.
- Mineral metabolism and abnormalities.
Section E: Molecular biology
E section of Vasudevan biochemistry pdf starts on page number 559 and ends on page number 633 correspondingly, includes seven chapters. Chapters of this section include first and foremost information on the nucleotides and transcription phenomena. Further, it includes defined topics related to molecular diagnostic and genetic techniques.
Hormones (Section F)
Section F provides particulars about the hormones and their mechanism.
Besides that, it contains five chapters related to different hormones in our body. This section started on page number 649 and ends on page number 678.
Advanced biochemistry (Section G)
The advanced biochemistry section of Vasudevan biochemistry pdf divides into six chapters starting from page number 685 while ending on page number 747. Here is the list of chapters in this section,
- Biochemistry of AIDS and HIV
- Biochemistry of cancer
- Tissue Protein in health and diseases
- Application of isotopes in medicines
- Signal molecules and growth factors
Vasudevan biochemistry pdf download
|Book Name:||Textbook of biochemistry for Medical Student|
|File Size:||25.24 MB|
After overviewing the DM Vasudevan biochemistry PDF, we can clearly state that it is the most beneficial book related to the biochemistry field. The uniqueness and advancement of the topics in this book make it different from any other book. Hence, it is the masterpiece produced by an Indian professor.