In this post, we will provide you with a Brief Overview of Mahajan and Gupta Textbook of Community Medicine pdf and its download link! Make sure to read through this overview carefully so you know what this book has to offer to you and your future medical career. Let us begin:
Brief Overview of Mahajan and Gupta Textbook of Community Medicine
The fourth version, The Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine, will be revised and updated in-depth, including epidemiology, transmissible and non-communicable diseases, MCHs and family planning, family planning, management, and demographics, and vital statistics.
This book is revised and modified extensively wherever possible, new data is implemented. Also included are the new SRS and census results. Examples and justifications are given in many areas of significance, in theory, practice, and live MBBS analysis.
For ease of comprehension, various flowcharts, diagrams, and photographs are displayed. This book will support the MBBS, postgraduate students, and students in other disciplines in public health.
Key Features of Mahajan and Gupta Textbook of Community Medicine
Here are some of the important features of this Indian Social Medicine book:
- One of the most popular books among Asian students is this book on Indian Community Medicine.
- There are many updates to this volume, the latest being the 4th edition.
- The fourth edition, the latest with many new/advanced information and diagrams and so on, is revised.
- Epidemiology, diet, MCH and family planning, administration, demographics and vital statistics, catastrophe and communicable diseases, biomedicine waste management and vaccination, geriatrics, connectivity, etc. Global health systems have been revised and modified carefully as well.
- In the last 4th edition the latest details on SRS and the census was also included.
- Examples and justifications are given to various important topics.
- The current (fourth) edition features a new illustration and flow charts.
- Different subjects are introduced at the postgraduate level.
- This book is also one of the best MCQ research tools and other forms of postgraduate testing.
Table of contents
This book has over 41 chapters in total divided into 4 sections with abbreviations and much more at the end!
Here is the table of contents of Mahajan and Gupta Textbook of Community Medicine:
Section I: General
- Chapter 1: Evolution of Preventive and Social Medicine
- Chapter 2: Basic Concepts in Community Medicine
Section II: Epidemiological Triad
- Chapter 3: Epidemiological Approach in Preventive and Social Medicine
- Chapter 4: General Epidemiology
- Chapter 5: Physical Environment: Air
- Chapter 6: Physical Environment: Water
- Chapter 7: Physical Environment: Housing
- Chapter 8: Physical Environment: Wastes and their Disposal
- Chapter 9: Physical Environment: Place of Work or Occupation (Occupational Health)
- Chapter 10: Environmental Pollution
- Chapter 11: Biological Environment
- Chapter 12: Social Environment
- Chapter 13: Health and Law
- Chapter 14: Host Factors and Health
- Chapter 15: General Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases
- Chapter 16: Respiratory Infections
- Chapter 17: Water and Food-borne (Alimentary) Infections
- Chapter 18: Contact Diseases
- Chapter 19: Arthropod-borne Diseases
- Chapter 20: Miscellaneous Zoonoses, Other Infections and Emerging Infections
- Chapter 21: Epidemiology of Noncommunicable Diseases
- Chapter 22: Food and Nutrition
Section III: Health Statistics, Research, and Demographics
- Chapter 23: Biostatistics
- Chapter 24: Research Methodology
- Chapter 25: Demography and Vital Statistics
Section IV: Health Care and Services
- Chapter 26: Health Planning, Administration and Management
- Chapter 27: Health Economics
- Chapter 28: Health Care of the Community
- Chapter 29: Information, Education, Communication and Training in Health
- Chapter 30: Maternal and Child Health
- Chapter 31: Family Planning and Population Policy
- Chapter 32: School Health Services
- Chapter 33: Geriatrics: Care and Welfare of the Aged
- Chapter 34: Mental Health
- Chapter 35: Health Services through General Practitioners
- Chapter 36: International Health
- Chapter 37: Biomedical Waste Management
- Chapter 38: Anthrax and Bioterrorism
- Chapter 39: Nosocomial Infections
- Chapter 40: Oral Diseases
- Chapter 41: Disaster Management
We hope you found this overview of Mahajan and Gupta Textbook of Community Medicine helpful. We wish every student who downloads this, the best of luck in all of their future studies and examinations.
Hopefully, you guys can successfully complete this book and pass on the knowledge you have gained through this book. Make sure to check out more of these books we have available for download as we are certain that you may find more books you can download here!
Now, without any further delay, here is the download link to Mahajan and Gupta Textbook of Community Medicine pdf free download:
Hope you liked this overview of Mahajan and Gupta Textbook of Community Medicine!