Dewhurst’s Textbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Postgraduates
The complexity of the female reproductive system is not an easy matter to understand without any proper guidance. There is a need for an illustrated textbook to clear all tough concepts related to obstetrics and gynaecology. This book, Dewhurst’s textbook of obstetrics and gynaecology for postgraduates, helps to understand all complex concepts related to obstetrics and gynaecology.
This book also explains the effects of various metabolic diseases on the period of pregnancy. Moreover, this book describes the fetal medical conditions of pregnancy. In addition, this book describes all the concepts in a very easy and straightforward way.
For the learning purpose
The main purpose of this classic textbook is to provide Fundamental knowledge related to the clinical practice of obstetrics and gynaecology. This book, Dewhurst’s textbook of obstetrics and gynaecology for postgraduates, is comprehensive in scope, organized by the contributions of various expert panels. This book contains an integrated approach that promises to deliver the highest possible care to the patients.
This book is best for postgraduate level residents to learn the important clinical skills and information related to obstetrics and gynaecology. In addition, this book also explains the clinical examples of daily life practice that will help the practitioners to manage any rough and tough clinical examination.
Dr. Keith Edmonds (MBBS, FRCOG, FARCOG at Queen charlotte’s and Chelsea hospital, London, UK)
- Consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist at queen charlotte and Chelsea hospital
- Has been a consultant for almost 33 years
- Has done a lot of leadership roles, remained clinical program director for women and children services
- He is a director of a national clinical center that deals with the complex congenital anomalies of the female genital tract.
- Great expert of obstetrics and gynaecology
Clinical features of Dewhurst’s textbook of obstetrics and gynaecology:
This book describes several clinical features related to obstetrics and gynaecology. These clinical features help you to understand and correlate normal and abnormal pregnancies. In addition, this book also helps to medicate the patients for their different metabolic and other diseases. Moreover, this book also guides about the beneficial and fatal effects of various medicines on a pregnancy.
Let’s disclose all these clinical aspects.
Obstetrics versus gynaecology:
This book is divided into two major sections named obstetrics and gynaecology. These two terms are somehow related but have different meanings. The obstetrics section explains all information related to pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum care.
Whereas talking about pregnancy, this section provides all information related to the health of the female reproductive system and their ability to reproduce. In this way, this book explains both these natural phenomena in a very understanding way. This book also highlights the normal versus abnormal problems related to these structures.
This book also guides maternal and fetal medicine for various purposes. In addition, this book also covers the medication for maternal care suffering from different diseases. Moreover, this book also guides about pregnancy related diseases and their proper care.
Treatment protocol for abnormalities:
This book covers different treatment protocols for females suffering from any abnormality during pregnancy. In addition, this book also provides information related to early pregnancy problems like a spontaneous miscarriage. Moreover, this book also explains all possible care protocols needed for any pregnant woman.
Changes delivered in the latest (9th) edition of Dewhurst’s textbook of obstetrics and gynaecology
This latest edition of Dewhurst’s textbook of obstetrics and gynaecology contains several radical changes for the ease of the reader. This latest edition is different from the previous editions. Let’s explore these innovative changes in the latest edition
- Content explained easily and effectively to enhance learning
- Reflect modern clinical needs for better care
- Summary boxes integrated into the context for rapid assimilation of key points needed for effective clinical practice
- Designed for residents to enhance their clinical examination
- Explains the basic normal phenomenon of reproduction and pregnancy
- Describes a special care protocol for various early pregnancy problems
- Provides medication related to maternal and fetal medical problems to improve the health and survival rate
- Explains all mechanisms related to labor and obstetrics emergencies
- The obstetric section covers all information related to postnatal care
- The gynaecology section explains the well being and health of the female reproductive system
- This book also explains the benign and malignant disease of the female reproductive tract
- It also provides treatment protocols for females who are unable to conceive.
- Multiple radiographic and clinical images available for a better understanding of the details
- A pdf format book is available for the convenience of readers.
Content details of Dewhurst’s textbook of obstetrics and gynaecology
This book explains all details into two sections for the convenience of readers. One section covers the obstetric details and the other section covers the gynaecology protocols. This book explains all the important clinical details related to obstetrics and gynaecology. In addition, this book also provides important details of all abnormalities related to the female reproductive tract. Let’s explore the details.
Section 1 – obstetrics:
Part 1 – basic science
Part 2 – normal pregnancy
Part 3 – early pregnancy problems
Part 4 – maternal medicine
Part 5 – fetal medicine
Part 6 – birth
Part 7 – postnatal care
Section 2 – gynaecology:
Part 8 – gynaecology
Part 9 – childhood and adolescence
Part 10 – menstruation
Part 11 – inability to conceive
Part 12 – pelvic pain
Part 13 – urogynaecology
Part 14 – benign gynaecological disease
Part 15 – gynaecological oncology
Part 16 – miscellaneous gynaecological topics
|Book name:||Dewhurst’s textbook of obstetrics and gynaecology|
|Author:||Dr. Keith Edmonds|
|Publisher:||Wiley – Blackwell|
|Book length:||736 pages|
If you are in search of a book related to obstetrics and gynaecology, this book is best for you to clear concepts. This book provides all details in a very effective way. In addition, it also describes the clinical examples with different image explanations. Moreover, this book also helps to boost clinical practice and examination.
This book is also available in pdf format so that the reader may get easy access to all the important details of the textbook. This book will surely help you to improve your clinical practice and confidence.