In this post, we will overview the Atlas of emergency medicine PDF. Despite this, the direct download link of the atlas of emergency medicine is given at the last of the description.
Hence, emergency medicine is the specialty that provides medical care for illnesses or injuries needed for instant attention.
So, In brief, physicians in the emergency department have been skillful specialists in emergency treatment. They also provide acute care for internal medical or surgical conditions. The physician has the skills and knowledge to deals with those situations that need immediate medical care.
In short, the atlas of emergency medicine PDF has all the basic skills knowledge of emergency room management with the illustrated pictures.
Key points of the Atlas of emergency medicine PDF
The PDF contains some of these salient features that have given below,
- At first, the book defines the breadth and depth of the emergency medicine specialty discipline.
- Further, its topics have expanded. This expansion has made this textbook a vital source to provide detail about the emergency medicine specialty.
- Moreover, it also provided access to the videos that are improving the diagnosis capability of the physicians.
- Subsequently, four authors have revised the fourth edition of the book.
- So, this book also combines concise information about the diagnostic and treatments.
- The critical gap of the lack of a comprehensive guide of emergency medicine get filled by the Atlas of emergency medicine PDF.
- In addition to this, the pictorial illustration makes it beneficial not only for medics but also for physicians.
- Presently, this edition of the atlas contains 1500 full-colored photographs, electrocardiograms, and radiographs.
- While 500 have newly chosen for the new edition.
- Yet, it is the intense guide reference textbook designed for the practicing clinician.
- So, the arrangement of the chapter is on a logical basis.
- Since it has provided a pictorial representation. Therefore, it served as an outstanding and reference tool.
Four new authors have contributed to the publishment of the atlas of emergency medicine. So, here are the details about the authors of this textbook.
Kevin J. Knoop, MD, MS
He is the staff physician at the naval medical center in Portsmouth, Virginia. Along with all this, he is also the assistant professor of military and emergency medicine. Also, he provides uniformed services at the University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland.
Lawrence B. Stack, MD
In brief, He is a professor of medicine and pediatrics at the Vanderbilt University, located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Alan B. Storrow, MD
He is the vice-chairman of research and academic affairs. In addition, He is also an associate professor of emergency medicine at the Vanderbilt University, located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Jason Thurman, MD, FAEEM, CPPS
He is the chief medical officer at Tri-Star skyline Hendersonville medical centers. Further, He is also the adjunct associative professor of nursing at the Vanderbilt University, located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Overview on the content- Atlas of emergency medicine PDF
In total, the book comprises twenty-five chapters. Those chapters divide into two parts beyond the sections. The first one is regional anatomy, and the second one is specialty areas.
Part one- Regional Anatomy
This part contains thirteen chapters in the Atlas of emergency medicine PDF. It starts on page no.3 and ends on page no. 432. Despite this, below are the chapter added in part one.
- First, Head and facial trauma,
- Second, Ophthalmic conditions,
- Third, Funduscopic findings
- Ophthalmic trauma
- Ear, nose, and throat conditions
- Oral conditions- Odontogenic infections
- Chest and abdomen( Trauma and non-traumatic conditions)
- Urologic condition
- Sexually transmitted diseases and anorectal conditions
- Gynecologic and obstetrics conditions
- Extremity trauma
- Last, Cutaneous conditions
Conclusion of part 1
After overviewing this part, it has concluded that, in brief, this part contains all the text related to regional anatomy. Hence, the chapter index has given all the topics to aid the readability of the practicing clinician.
Part 2- Specialty areas
This part contains twelve chapters in the Atlas of emergency medicine PDF. It starts on page no. 433 and ends on page no. 941. Despite this, below are the chapter added in part two.
- First, Pediatric conditions- Newborn conditions, Rashes, and lesions
- Second, Child abuse- Physical abuse and sexual abuse
- Third, Environmental conditions
- Forth, Toxicological conditions
- Wound and soft tissues injuries
- Clinical forensic medicine-Pattern injuries of domestic violence, assault, and abuse
- HIV conditions
- Tropical medicine
- ECG abnormalities- Part 1 St-T abnormalities, Part 2 conduction disturbances, Rhythm disturbances, Structural abnormalities, and ECG abnormalities of non-cardiac origin
- Last, Microscopic Findings
Conclusion of part 2
In brief, Part 2 contain briefly explained specialty skills. In addition to all, this part has filled the gap of the comprehensive explanation of emergency medicine.
The endpoint- Atlas of emergency medicine PDF
Ultimately, this atlas of emergency medicine PDF contains 1500 pictorial representations of different emergency conditions. As a result, it is a valuable source for practicing clinical medicine.
The link given below provide you access to the complete book with an easy download link.